Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all, ive read alot about the 887 nitro mag on here and other forums, as well as reading numerous reviews. everything i have read has been mixed reviews/opinions. does anybody know has remington fixed the problems that i have read so much about? im wanting to use it for waterfowl hunting.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I'm taking mine to the range for the first time today. Gotit last night. I'll let u know. It felt to be higher quality than the benelli nova.

·
Registered
410 Posts
My wife bought me one for Christmas last year and I love it! I have taken it goose and turkey hunting so far with only one issue. Don't use Fiocchi ammo! My jamed off one shell. Shoots 3 1/2 with no issues, only part I hate it getting the bolt back on the rails when you clean it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My wife bought me one for Christmas last year and I love it! I have taken it goose and turkey hunting so far with only one issue. Don't use Fiocchi ammo! My jamed off one shell. Shoots 3 1/2 with no issues, only part I hate it getting the bolt back on the rails when you clean it.
well from the sounds of things i think remington might have worked the bugs out so i think im gonna start lookin for one around here locally. thanx for the info

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Shot mine yesterday. 20 rounds of 2 3/4 target loads and 5 of military grade 3" 00 buckshot. Haven't tried the 3 1/2, not sure I want to. Great, no probs, reasembly is a bit tricky, but not too bad Its easy compared to a ruger mark ii.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Bump. Old thread I know, new issue. Anyone know if there is an extended mag tube available for the 887?

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
Bump. Old thread I know, new issue. Anyone know if there is an extended mag tube available for the 887?
I picked up one today, and shot 25 rounds flawlessly through it. Mine is the tactical model which has the 2 round factory extension screwed in so I can fit 7 rounds in the tube, and one in the chamber.

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
bumping this one up, i'm looking for a 887 mag extension. anyone have any suppliers? finding one online is about as hard as pulling a grown man's teeth!

870 mag extensions wont work, right?
So you have the normal model, and want to extend the magazine like the tactical model?

·
Registered
414 Posts
I'm not sure about going larger than the factory tube but you can google the Remington parts list and get the part # from that then order through Remington. I haven't been able to find any third party aftermarket options for the 887.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts