Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a SS Loaded from Springfield with fixed sights. Does anyone know if these are coming with night sights?

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Not necessarily...here is what the 2008 catalog says...

Precision fit forged frame, slide and barrel, flat mainspring housing, lowered and flared ejection port, Lightweight Delta™ Hammer, loaded chamber indicator, titanium firing pin, carry bevel™ treatment, ambidextrous thumb safety, high-hand™ beavertail grip safety, dovetail front sight, premium fixed or adjustable rear sights (many with tritium inserts), Torx™ head grip screws and lightweight, adjustable speed trigger.
(Emphasis mine)

The Loaded Target I bought a few months back had them, as did the Lightweight Operator I got at the same time; but there is no guarantee that you'll get them on your Loaded Combat (since you said fixed sights, I assumed you meant the Combat, as the rear sight is only adjustable for windage).

Cheers! M2

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Sweet looking gun! Those are the combat sights, and again you can't tell if it will have the Tritium night-sights unless you ordered them. They cost extra if I am not mistaken, so about the best you can do is contact Springfield to see if they are spec'd on the gun you ordered; or wait until it shows up and try it in the dark.

That said, they do work exceptionally well! I take my pistols out of the safe, where they've been in complete darkness, and then turn the light off and they are already shining brightly! It only takes a second or two of exposure to light for them to shine. They are expensive, but they do work!

By the way, here is a picture of a Loaded Target, so you can see what the sights look like by comparison...

I also have Lightweight Operator with Tritium combat sights on it. They are equally nice, but the target sights offer more adjustability.

Cheers! M2

·
Registered
7,623 Posts
Mine came with Novak tritiums

·
Registered
485 Posts
You don't need light for Tridium sights to work. They radiate their own light, and should last at least 20 years.

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
+1 Tritium is a radioacitve isotope of hydorgen I think. No light needed to 'charge'

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
Mine came with Novak Combat Night Sights.

·
Registered
6 Posts
mine came with novaks also.The only complaint i have is the front sight seems tiny!I compaired mine to my friends kimber and mine were brighter but his were bigger.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts