1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RWS 9mm Luger
124 Grain RWS 9mm, Bi-Metal NATO FMJ projectile. Brass Cased
made in Switzerland
Does anyone know if this stuff is any good? I've got the XDm 9mm 4.5 and the Compact. This stuff is on sale at Weapons World for $200.00 a case with shipping. Wondering if I should order it.

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
I have no knowledge of it's qaulity, but I would buy a couple of boxes first, run through my pistols. See how it acts before ya make a plunge on a case of it. Would be better than being stuck with a case of something ya just can't use.

·
Registered
107 Posts
RWS 9mm Luger

124 Grain RWS 9mm, Bi-Metal NATO FMJ projectile. Brass Cased
made in Switzerland

Does anyone know if this stuff is any good? I've got the XDm 9mm 4.5 and the Compact. This stuff is on sale at Weapons World for $200.00 a case with shipping. Wondering if I should order it.

I got 1000 rds a month ago and my XD9 ate it just fine .

Good to go .

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
It is full on CIP spec ammo and my XD loves it. Its hotter than domestic 9mm, but the HS/XD line of pistols are designed to run on this kind of ammo.

Get it, you will not be unhappy about getting it....

·
Registered
70 Posts
When you say that it's "hotter" than domestic ammo - what exactly do you mean?
European ammo is usually loaded hotter then domestic due to their cold weather. I think? I also know that you cannot fire these rounds at certain shooting ranges due to the fact that they are made of bi-metal.

·
Registered
921 Posts
European ammo is usually loaded hotter then domestic due to their cold weather. I think? I also know that you cannot fire these rounds at certain shooting ranges due to the fact that they are made of bi-metal.
its not the weather, its the different system of measurements (and lawyers). If you look at the CIP data for regular 9mm, including the original data, you will see that in the US the 9mm has been neutered from what it is supposed to be. Thank lawyers for that.
Over here if you see something labeled 9mm NATO, that is the way 9mm is supposed to be. and that is what the RWS ammo is.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I recently bought a 1000 rounds of the RWS 9mm 124gr FMJ ammo from weaponsworld.com. They shipped very fast & the ammo is good quality - I will buy from them again.

I shoot outside only - but those that shoot at indoor ranges should read the comments in other posts about the steel in the jackets causing potential sparks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts