Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
I am laughing at all the Glockfanboys that still don't believe it's real.
Tells me just how wrapped up in myth and bs some people get regarding those pistols.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
I'm ****ing ROFL!

Not because the Glock rusted, but because those morons think the guy is lying...

Who the **** would take THAT MUCH TIME to fake a rusted Glock?

Rediculous... LOL!

·
Registered
398 Posts
I think two years in an Indiana storm drain would pretty much wreck ANY gun.

Still, I think I would soak it in a bucket of WD40 for a week or so, hose it off with brake cleaner, mount it in a rest and try to fire it. :twisted:

·
Premium Member
24,885 Posts
I would imagine that road salt had a lot to do with it.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
One guy in particular, Bigbore is a particularly big ass. He is basically accusing the officer of lying and losing the gun. What an idiot. Some of those guys would probably say it's not raining while they are standing in the rain and getting rained on. Losers. We had a term for them when I was still in le. In le radio code lingo A stood for Adam and H was for Henry. We called them Adam Henrys if you catch my drift. :D

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
retired said:
One guy in particular, Bigbore is a particularly big ass. He is basically accusing the officer of lying and losing the gun. What an idiot. Some of those guys would probably say it's not raining while they are standing in the rain and getting rained on. Losers. We had a term for them when I was still in le. In le radio code lingo A stood for Adam and H was for Henry. We called them Adam Henrys if you catch my drift. :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
That is a rusty gun!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Reminds me of a training exercise from last year. Basically, we set up a patrol basin and it rained on us all night. Not a heavy rain, just drissly cold rain. Early next morning they had us switch out our uppers for the blue 9mm sim uppers. The a2 uppers went directly into a drybox. Needless to say, at the end of the day we were all fairly amazed at the amount of rust that had already taken over. Nothing as serious as the glock obviously, but still a pain in the ass.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Nothing is rust proof, I think Glocks are great guns but they do nothing for me. Does one gun being more rust resistant make it any better than one that isnt? I Like my XD, Sigs and others but that doesnt make them the best. These Glock guys are a bit caught up in their beliefs.

I would say that tossing that glock in a sewer was probably a literal TOSS and slid across the road no less than a foot or so, plus it most likely banged the walls on the way down. This would lead to a compromise in the finishes integrity and be the SEED for the rust.

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
If I were Glock, I would tell the guy to take a friggin hike

·
Registered
55 Posts
This is what I added to the thread:

When carbon dioxide dissolves in the water in air, the pH is about 5.6-5.7. Neutral is pH 7, so that means that rainwater is suprizingly acidic.

Take a Tennifer coated Glock, put it in and pull it out of a holster umpteen times, and you'll get scratches down to the metal in time. That's where the corrosion starts. Then it works its way under the coating.

Add road salt, plating facilities dumping wastes down the drain, and other chemicals making it down to the storm drain, and the rust is not the least bit surprizing. I'd be more suprized if it didn't rust badly.

Ron

·
Registered
102 Posts
That's the best looking G-22 I've ever seen. I was forced to carry one for the last two years before I retired and I hated it. I put about 5,000 rounds through it, but never enjoyed a one of them.

I didn't endear myself to the Glock Rep when I told him the gun was useless, because without a full magazine, it wouldn't even keep the bait on the bottom. When he asked what I meant, I told him the only possible use I could see for it was to use it as a fishing sinker, but it needed a full magazine to even do that right. The guy had no sense of humor at all.

Fred

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
ReloaderFred said:
That's the best looking G-22 I've ever seen. I was forced to carry one for the last two years before I retired and I hated it. I put about 5,000 rounds through it, but never enjoyed a one of them.

I didn't endear myself to the Glock Rep when I told him the gun was useless, because without a full magazine, it wouldn't even keep the bait on the bottom. When he asked what I meant, I told him the only possible use I could see for it was to use it as a fishing sinker, but it needed a full magazine to even do that right. The guy had no sense of humor at all.

Fred
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
That is good line I will have to steal it and say I came up with it!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts