Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my permit recently and on the first day I carried my SC9 it rusted on the back of the slide where it touches my skin.

However, I should have known better. The sweat and oil from my skin is highly corrosive. :lol: I know it's a little strange, but I've seen many instances where the sweat and oil from my skin has damaged plastics and whatnot. Every laptop I've ever owned has been discolored in the areas where my hands rest while I'm typing.

Not to worry though. I can now justify getting the slide refinished in combat grey. Still want to see an assembled XD with the slide and controls in combat grey. For now, I just wear a tucked in wife beater so the slide doesn't rest on my skin. That's worked for the last few days.

Black, brown, or combat grey.. I still wub my XD.

UD.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Ditto the combat grey photos....I am stuck between that and the matte black and would love to see a good color rendition of the two finished products side-by-side.

·
Registered
889 Posts
One of the guys I shoot with is like that. If he dosen't wipe his mags, and gun down after a match the thing will rust before he gets home. That is probably the problem with a lot the XDs around here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts