:twisted: enough said

·
Registered
17,756 Posts
Send the ammo too please!

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
Sweet! Maybe I could finally own one! $$$ & availability have always been an issue (for me).

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Kinda what I was referring too. If they already dropped to $299.99 a month ago. They are only going to go lower now.
True... I guess the end price depends on the import cost too, which I have no idea on:confused: I was thinking about that with the Mosin though, if they only cost 80 to 100 bucks, then import cost must be downright pocket change for them to make money selling them here.

·
Registered
7,687 Posts
If a person was to take the AK and make a sportster version like they are doing with the AR platform, would it be accurate enough for 100-150yd shots on deer? I haven't looked, do they even make huntong rounds in 7.62x39?

Something like the SGL21 that Nutinfancy tested the TechSights on would be nice.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My takeaway from this news is that the factory supplying the Russian army would focus on producing for export and civilian sales. Hopefully, supply and demand takes over and the market would see an influx of Russian AKs.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
If a person was to take the AK and make a sportster version like they are doing with the AR platform, would it be accurate enough for 100-150yd shots on deer? I haven't looked, do they even make huntong rounds in 7.62x39?

Something like the SGL21 that Nutinfancy tested the TechSights on would be nice.
nutnfancy's Channel - YouTube
A nice softpoint should do the trick I would think.

·
Registered
18,141 Posts
yeah dont get too excited. oinkbama and holder will just buy them all with tax dollars and send them to cartels in exchange for more drugs being allowed in our country.

·
Registered
17,756 Posts
With our luck...0bie will deny the import...and they will just run over em with a steamroller and sell em to China for scrap!

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
"A spokesman for the rifle's developer, the Izhmash plant in central Russia, told Izvestia newspaper that a new model would be ready for demonstration by the end of the year."

Is the new model the AK-200 ?

·
Registered
22,575 Posts
Is there such a thing as too many AKs?

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Is there such a thing as too many AKs?
I don't think so. I got 3 and just getting started :)

I had to get a larger safe to house those and a few other rifles. A country like Russia, my mind can't fathom how much of a stockpile they have considering that we're just seeing the influx of Mosins. They must have a HUGE safe somewhere. :) I mean, they probably got at least 10 rifles for each man, woman, and child stashed away somewhere. And I'm not talking about the bastardized semi-auto stuff, but the full-on select fire good stuff, plus a buffet of surplus ammo.

Imagine some archaeologist digging some russian bunker 200 years from now and finding pristine AKs still smothered in cosmolene :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts