Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I went over to a neighbor's house yesterday to shoot for an hour or so and he asks if I'd like to shoot his .45 and I couldn't refuse. It's the first time I've shot a 1911 in .45 and I have to say I was very impressed. His .45 is Russell Service Model which I had never heard of. Dead accurate at 50' (kind of fun watching bottles filled with water explode!). In looking on the Internet last night, I see that Russell was in business for less than 3 years back in the early 80's and didn't produce a lot of .45's, but they were supposedly ahead of their time with all stainless auto pistols.

Question I have, does anyone here have one and have much more on their history? Anything would be appreciated.

·
Banned
20,016 Posts
Never heard of it, but I am certainly not surprised that you liked shooting a 1911. Be careful. Addictive.

·
Banned
20,993 Posts
Yep....worse than EBOLA!...if you catch the 1911 bug.......:lol:

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
So, I went over to a neighbor's house yesterday to shoot for an hour or so and he asks if I'd like to shoot his .45 and I couldn't refuse. It's the first time I've shot a 1911 in .45 and I have to say I was very impressed. His .45 is Russell Service Model which I had never heard of. Dead accurate at 50' (kind of fun watching bottles filled with water explode!). In looking on the Internet last night, I see that Russell was in business for less than 3 years back in the early 80's and didn't produce a lot of .45's, but they were supposedly ahead of their time with all stainless auto pistols.

Question I have, does anyone here have one and have much more on their history? Anything would be appreciated.
Are you sure that it's not a Randall? That would make much more sense.

The History of the Randall Firearms Company

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Cool deal. Randall is a quality 1911. Glad you're liking the 1911, but they can be very addictive. :)

Don't say we didn't warn you. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
Uh oh.. That damned 1911 bug is at it again! Hope you dont catch it too bad and for the love of GOD! Dont post pics if you do... thats how the bug spreads.. its HIGHLY contagious and is at times devastating to the wallet!

·
Registered
5,287 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
I got that junkie itch. Probably have to get a range officer in the near future....
I believe they make a cream or salve for that type of "itch".

1 - 13 of 13 Posts