Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where to find one of these? What competitive prices are? I have called all my local gun stores to no avail (one said maybe available in 1-2 months), and can't find any online. I am considering the SR1911 for my first 1911.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I'm hunting for one of those myself, and I can't seem to find one anywhere except gunbroker.com

The auctions are getting pretty high on 'em, might have to just make myself wait it out until they are stocked.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I am just going to have to fight the urge to jump at the gunbroker prices. The one LGS here that said he would be looking for them in about 1-2 months said he had sold one for $650 before. I have been waiting on budsgunshop.com to get them in. They finally popped up with a couple of magazines today. Hopefully that is a sign that the guns are coming in soon.

Though it may just come down to which comes in first, the SR1911, SA GI, or SA Mil-Spec.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Definatly lookin hard at the SR1911.... Going to wait and let the prices settle.

·
Registered
252 Posts
i saw one in houston going for $699.i'm debating either a springfield 1911 loaded in stainless or a sr1911.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just checked, Buds has the SA mil-spec stainless in stock and I am ready to jump on it. Any thoughts between the two?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Seen one at gun show near Lansing MI, over the weekend, but was at full list price. Will wait till they are more common also. Picked up a 450 Bushmaster to play with till then.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Our local gunstores (which range in prices from "thats kind of pricey" to "holy crap thats high") have them in the 700 range.

I have seen them online in the 625 range.

I finally got to handle one at a local store last week. Very nice pistol for the money....very well done. I am not jazzed about the black parts, but for the price....its a very nice 1911.

- brickboy240

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
My buddy just picked his up and we went to shoot it this morning. He got his for @700, 7 t0 8 hundred seems to be the norm here, but most shops have waiting lists.

After shooting the sucker, I can see why. It is a GREAT 1911 for the price. Frikkin tank man!

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
maybe in 6 months or so prices will be settled in to where they should be on them.

I remember the Taurus having the same problem when it came out.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Yeah, but I bet the Ruger does not have the QC problems that plague many of the offerings from Taurus.

Wait about 6 months and the Ruger will be everywhere and well under 700 bucks. Still....a steal for a 1911 of this quality, if you ask me. I am still thinking about getting one.

- brickboy240

·
Registered
265 Posts
Picked up mine in early May for $619.99 at my LGS. Now that Ruger is rushing to manufacture the next "batch," the prices are high.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Just ordered mine at a LGS as Academy can't even verify when they will order again. I paid $639 plus tax and he states it will be here Wednesday. He is getting it shipped to him from another store they work with. If he comes through I will name the LGS for anyone in Houston to take advantage of. Couple of decent guys running small shop.

11JULY11
Well Crap. Belay my last. I got the call I did not want this morning. He called Davidson's to verify order went through and it did not. I am on same 3-week national back order as the rest of the world.

I did find one in stock locally, but refuse to give that company any business as they are criminally insane. They expect and will likely get the $120.00 above what I am paying out of some poor sucker. Not to mention they are way to willing to be a part of shady gov't traps like Fast-n-Furious.

That all being true. I will say the guys at the LGS I am dealing with were thorough, straight up front, and sticking to the pricing even after me confirming they could be gouging like the jackwagons at the other place.

Woodlands Tactical will be my new home for all firearm purchases. Honestly and Integrity are worth something in my book, especially when accompanied by fair pricing.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
I am mulling over the idea of trading my stainless GI and some cash for a new Ruger 1911.

I like my GI and it has been a great pistol, but I really like the Ruger and know it will be a great piece. I have had VERY good luck with all Rugers I have owned and their customer service is fantastic. They gave me a new ejector rod housing for an old 44 mag Vaquero that I bought second hand in a pawn shop....free. Gotta love service like that.

I would NEVER trade my two Colts or the Kimber TLE II....but maybe I can let go of the stainless GI.

...someday....probably real soon! LOL

- brickboy240

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
And it comes with nicer grips and better sights.

It really is a steal for what you get along with it being made entirely in the USA.

Not to mention, Ruger's excellent customer service...if you ever need it.

- brickboy240

1 - 17 of 17 Posts