Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My LGS just told me $599 OTD for the new beast, think I should hit that up or what! I've got a rifle I bought to sell that will just about cover that.
Tell me what you think?

·
Registered
538 Posts
Where exactly in Texas? I'm in Louisiana and for that price, I might take a road trip to snatch it away first!

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
excellent deal. I had decided to buy a new 1911 in 2011, and for historical symbolic reason wanted it to be Made in USA where the 1911 started, so that narrowed field. I could not wait, bought first one to arrive at about 10 stores I had been visiting or phoning after the Ruger announcement in April. It released on 1 May, I paid $650 + tax on 3 May. Not great but not bad compared to MSRP of $799, I did not feel gouged. Knew might do better if waited, but did not want to wait for "maybe". I love mine so far, no regrets, think it is worth what I paid for 100% USA compared to offshore stuff in same bracket. If you want a nice 1911 for the price bracket it is in, that is made here by Americans, then I say go for it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
out the door as in after tax? thats a killer deal, get it! i have a ruger sr1911, i paid around $720 total after tax...paid extra to be the first on the block with it and i suppose it made me feel a little better that they gave me 2 range passes, but anyways the ruger sr1911 is definitely comparable to other brand 1911's in the $1000-$1200 range...build quality, and the features alot of us 1911 guys want. I believe they pass on the savings to us because other branded 1911 stuff (like Caspian ;) ) use ruger's pinetree casting, so they are there own source.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Sounds like a great price. I plan on picking one up as soon as they bring it out in a parkerized version. As of late I seem to be drifting away from Poly pistols. Last three pistols where 1911 RIA GI 45, S/A Champion 45 cal.,and just picked up a CZ 75B in a 9mm.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Out the door means after taxes and all fees. It means every cent you pay to walk out the door with the product. I think some people have no clue what OTD means. In my state, a gun priced at $599 would be about $650.54 out the door.

·
Registered
538 Posts
So where is this deal?
I'm guessing that due to the fact that the post is from several months ago, the gun is probably not present anymore, if it were selling for that price.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts