Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a used Ruger SP101 DA .357 2" barrel for sale at a local gun shop for $450.00. I currently have a Taurus Tracker .357 4" barrel, just over a year and maybe 400-500 rounds.

I wanted to offer $400 and trade in my Taurus towards it and pay the difference. Does this sound reasonable or does it sound a bit high for the Ruger?

·
Registered
4,999 Posts
It sounds a bit high for a used SP101. Actually, that's about what a new SP101 goes for.

You're on the right track getting rid of the Taurus for a Ruger, but I don't think you'll get much for it on a trade. Try selling outright, then buy the SP101.

·
Registered
460 Posts
+ 1 450 is very high and most of the time a trade in will not earn you as much as sellout. the sp101s a good gun so you are looking in the right direction

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought it seemed high since they are on Bud's for $464 right now. I wasn't sure if Rugers kept a high value or if it just was overpriced. Maybe they just have it jacked up to have to room to negotiate.

·
Registered
120 Posts
my friend just got a new sp101 for 425 at the local px

·
Registered
120 Posts
here is a pic of his and my gp100 right next to it

Attachments

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
that had better be a price on a new pistol or stay far away from that shop.

350 is about as high as you'll see the SP101 go used. I paid that for mine with case, manual and the original sales receipt in it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts