Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my CHL class this weekend adn this was the result of my shooting proficiency. 50rounds with my Ruger P89 9mm

20rds @ 3yds
20rds @ 7yds
10rds @ 15yds

The 7 other guys blasting away next to me as well as spent cartridges hitting my face and going down my shirt were added elements that i hadn't experienced before. Overall i was pleased.

·
Registered
50 Posts
That's pretty good. I'm sure that the ones out side of the 9 ring were from 15 yrds.

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
That P89 is a heavyweight battleship. Run out of ammo...it doubles as a club. Nice shooting there! :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, it is a boat but has never let me down. Guy next to me had a P95 that kept stove piping on him. I don't think he was holding it tight enough. He borrowed it from friend and wasn't familiar. This won't be my concealed weapon as i've decided on the XDM 40 3.8 compact. I held the full size compared to the SC and said to myself "man, if they would just cut down the grip i'd be all over it".....low and behold prayers were answered.

and yes those 8s were @ 15yds. :)

·
Registered
480 Posts
Nice grouping.

I have a Ruger P95... The pistol grip is thick and a FTE/ FTF is most likely to occur if not held firmly and properly.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
P89? No one can conceal a P89..;)

My first semi auto for carry..gone but not forgotten.

It would swallow a boulder and spit it out.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Good shooting, cowboy! Looks like a perfect score? Any outside of that 8 ring?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts