Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the mini 14 tactical. Its light and makes a awesome brush gun. But Ruger needs to throw some rails on it like the socom II. They would sell the hell out of it. The ati stock one just looks and feels goofy. It's already based on the same platform so it wouldn't take to much to put a nice rail system on it. Heck they could build em with the 6.8 and you have a pretty descent cartridge. imho. But the 223 or 7.62x39 is a alot cheaper lol.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope that is the one I can't stand. The mini 14 tac is very close to a socom II. Except for the forward mounted rails. Utg has a set but they look a little cheesy. I believe Vltor is the brand that makes the rails for the socom, too bad they dont make a set for the mini 14.

·
Registered
19,987 Posts
sounds like you'd be happier with a Kel-Tec SU16 of some sort, then put on a railed fore-stock. It would be lighter, have rails, cheaper and take cheap mags.

honestly though; if you are a fan of 5.56 and rails, get an AR.

·
Registered
937 Posts
I'll take an AR-15 over a Mini-14 anyday....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Kel tec definitely not an option for what I'm talking about. The Mini is based off the same platform as the socom. And I'll take a newer style mini 14 over a ar any day. I just can't get into the pistol grip. The garand style is proven and very reliable. You can run her dirty and she will keep chugging. I was just saying Ruger should build the Mini with some socom styled rails. I love the socom II and I'm building my 10/22 to be a mini socom clone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts