Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a guy needed some money and I picked this up at a fair price.

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, took it out Wednesday while we were putting out trail cameras and shot up a beer can at about 25 yards. Very nice trigger and smooth as silk action. Put 28 rounds through and hit the can 24 times using CCI Stingers.

·
Premium Member
3,471 Posts
I have one almost like that. Make sure to check your extractor. They tend to work loose over time.

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have one almost like that. Make sure to check your extractor. They tend to work loose over time.
Thanks for the heads up. The thing is easy to take down but tricky to re assemble. :-?

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. The thing is easy to take down but tricky to re assemble. :-?
Great looking gun!!

You'll get better/faster at putting it together in time. Pull the trigger as you insert the hammer mainspring in the back, be sure the hammer's strut seats correctly in the mainspring's little cup. You should feel some tension just before you fully lock in back in position. If you do it wrong you won't be able to pull the bolt all the way back.

·
Registered
725 Posts
When you do disassemble it, it will be tricky to reassemble, but once you have some practice, it's not really that hard. If it hasn't been taken down much, it'll be a lot harder. I have my dad's MkI from 1955 and it's pretty well worked in, but I got a new MkIII and the first time I took it down I spent about an hour banging on it to get it back together. Or, maybe I'm just not as good at it as I thought.

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, I just need to get the hang of it. :)

·
Premium Member
3,471 Posts
Dam! I think yours is longer than mine...

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
6 7/8" barrel

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
The Ruger 678G is a damn fine pistol. I bought mine at least 20 years ago and it still shoots great after thousands and thousands of rounds through it.

- Spike

·
Premium Member
4,823 Posts
now you make me miss mine that I have literally shot hundreds of thousand of rounds through.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts