Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I have been carrying a Ruger LCR for the past couple of months. It is way easier for pocket carry than my XDs. It just disappears in my pocket with a Sticky holster. That and a couple of speed strips and I have 15 rounds of ammo in a very small amount of space. Both 38 special and 357 have plenty of ballistics. Also it has plenty of accuracy at self defense distances. Although the XDs in 9mm is way more pleasant to shoot.

·
Premium Member
127,986 Posts
That is a nice carry revolver, IMO

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
In terms of small "pocketable" revolvers, the LCR has arguably the nicest out of the box double action trigger. I love that thing.

·
Registered
29,827 Posts
I'd have to disagree..my 1960's built S&W 36 has a much better trigger than my LCR had...

Dunno. I had an LCR, it just didn't impress me much; I much prefer S&W's.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I'd have to disagree..my 1960's built S&W 36 has a much better trigger than my LCR had...

Revolvers of that era are in a class of their own to be sure. They don't make 'em like they used to.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I'm crazy about my airweight S&W snubbie for everyday carry. It competes with both my XD-S 45 and Sig 938 for attention. I'm a suit/tie at work guy so pocket carry is ideal.

I bought a bunch of speed strips and have practiced hours with them at both home (snap caps) and with live fire at the range. I've learned they should be called "not quite as slow strips." They're a nightmare when it comes to any kind of pressure reload with a snub nose revolver.

I came across a speed loader in a discount bin at the LGS and haven't looked back since. I actually had to carve down my grip to accommodate them, but with practice, I'm getting close to traditional mag transition times. I keep one in my pocket, one in the center console, two in my desk at work, etc.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

I tried the S&W model 60 and I thought LCR trigger was a little better. Which was a big surprise to me. For years the only thing I wanted more than a model 60 was a Colt Python. I still want a model 60 and I think I will have to settle for a Colt Detective. Can't afford a Python.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
I love, love, love the LCR!
That is all. :p

·
Registered
804 Posts
The LCR is an excellent choice. I got my 642 before they were available or I would have considered one. Personally, I'd stick with a +P load rather than magnums. Too much loss in velocity vs recoil for me. Still, having that hand cannon in a pocket would be comforting.

Congrats.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts