Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like the title says what do you guys think? I have an option for the bodyguard for $340 or the LCP with CT for $410. The main thing im worried about with the bodyguard is the location of the laser button. Anyone have any experience with this?

·
Registered
12 Posts
The only reason I would prefer the BG over the lcp is the sights, but with the crimson trace, I would go with the lcp based on poor button positioning on the BG, my shop offered the BG with lazer grip for the same price as the lcp without it, I opted for the BG on that basis. Other than that it's all personal preference based on my limited experience. Hope this helps. :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just like the title says what do you guys think? I have an option for the bodyguard for $340 or the LCP with CT for $410. The main thing im worried about with the bodyguard is the location of the laser button. Anyone have any experience with this?

If the **** hits the fan, you'll never turn that laser on. I didn't buy the body guard because of the laser. I bought it because it's a solid little gun that fits in my hand. I handled the LCP, the Body guard and even the sig. I just like the bodyguard YMMV

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
In my opinion, if either of these guns will be needed, sights won't be used anyways. However, I can see quickly grabbing the gun and activating a laser to be beneficial. I'm not gonna say for sure that it will b/c I've never been in a situation where I've had to use a gun in a defensive position. I do know that activating the laser on the BG would be impossible for me in a stressful situation. However, with my LCP all I have to do is grab it and the laser is on. This is why I chose the LCP with laser. Both are excellent pistols.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I like the fact that the slide locks back on the bodyguard, but have heard alot of complaints on the button positioning on the bodyguard....I think if they were similarly priced I would go with the bodyguard just for the locking slide.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I handled them all and went with the BG.
I am confused about the concern over the laser button?
when I grip the weapon my extended trigger finger falls right on the button.
I can easily turn it on and off, I do this all the time in practice.
well made little gun.
Get the DeSantis nemesis pocket holster!!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have no personal experience with the bodyguard, I have heard a few complain though that the button gets activated accidently while in their pocket

·
Registered
28 Posts
I chose the LCP. I use this as my back up CCW. I call this my Stinky Breath gun cause if I have to use it I can smell the breath of the guy that's going to get shot. I chose not to get theCrimson Trace Laser cause like I said it is my back up. I liked how thin the LCP is and I loved the feel of it in my hand when I added the Pierce Grip extender.

I have fired about 200 rounds through it and I am very accurate with it out to 15 yards...I'm OK out to 20...and I have no idea what happens past that. But like I said earlier this is my stinky breath gun.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I have no personal experience with the bodyguard, I have heard a few complain though that the button gets activated accidentally while in their pocket
I have no doubt this has happened, but one should never carry a handgun in their pocket without it being in a pocket holster. If holstered then it should not be a problem.

·
Premium Member
1,756 Posts
My friend likes his BG. my only complaint is the DA trigger, but I only fired 3 rounds through it.

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
Even w/o the laser, I prefer the grip & sights on the S&W. IF I were to drop to a 380 for some reason, although I can't see why, I would go S&W.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
LCP..
Ruger never sold out to the feds and put internal gun locks on their revolvers..:rolleyes:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the input everyone. I picked up a bodyguard on wednesday night. I am so glad I ended up buying this gun. I took it to the range today and put 100 rounds through it with no problems at all except my accuracy which has nothing to do with the gun. I love how it feels in my hand and I needed something a little more substantial than the LCP. I also like the fact that i dont need any tools to break it down like the LCP although it was a bitch to take apart the first time. I love this gun and cant wait to get my permit in the mail so it can go everywhere with me.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I shot several rounds through the BodyGuard the other day and did not like it at all. Very long and rough feeling trigger. I could hit my target with it but the trigger sucked big time. My Ruger LCP has a long trigger but its nice and smooth. LCP for me!!!

·
Registered
481 Posts
Glad you bought the bodyguard. I bought one about a month ago and I looked at a bunch of 380's and the bodyguard seemed much better. Its built sturdy, longer frame rails for the slide, thumb safety, and locks the slide back after the last round. Plus it fits great in a pocket holster or tucked in a small iwb.

Sent from Nates Droid X

1 - 20 of 49 Posts