Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When I bought my ruger lcp it would not cycle any cartridges no matter what brand I used. I sent it back. They replaced the plunger and extractor and modified the barrel. I shot just 24 rounds today. I cleaned the gun, dry fired and the hammer wouldn't go. Somethings wrong with the trigger mechanism now!! When I pull the trigger the plastic frame bends out on one side. What a damn dissappointment.
I know some people are very happy with the LCP but this is terrible.
I think I'll tell Ruger to keep the thing this time. :-x

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
I've never shot one, buy maybe you just got a lemon?

·
Premium Member
946 Posts
Man I hate to hear that. It does suck when something you paid for just does not work. I love my LCP and have never had a problem with it.

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
Could be a.....troll.....

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Mine works like a champ. It is the only Ruger handgun that I will own.

ranburr
Why the only one? Ruger makes some fine firearms although I'm partial to their revolvers.

·
Registered
246 Posts
put many, many rounds through my LCP and have never had a failure of any kind :?:........ Send it back and get a new one! DEMAND A NEW ONE !!;-)

·
Banned
38,922 Posts
Ruger Licensed Clone Pistol ... Should have bought a Kel-Tec :p

Seriously, send it back.

·
Banned
8,566 Posts
^ or moth ball it or sell it an buy another ... i doubt you could get two bad rugers in a row.

I am intrigued by it, no hurry for one. I also want a berreta tomcat or bobcat.

Maybe in a few years i will pick up a used ruger (refuse to enrich the ruger family cause the old man is a sell out to gun owners with his comments on their being no need for high cap mags etc, who needs more than 5-6 rounds).

If they get them dead nutz stright and there are some accessories for undr $300 they seem like they could be a great gun.

·
Premium Member
9,099 Posts
When I bought my ruger lcp it would not cycle any cartridges no matter what brand I used. I sent it back. They replaced the plunger and extractor and modified the barrel. I shot just 24 rounds today. I cleaned the gun, dry fired and the hammer wouldn't go. Somethings wrong with the trigger mechanism now!! When I pull the trigger the plastic frame bends out on one side. What a damn dissappointment.
Yeah, Ive never trusted pocket pistols. I refuse to pack anything smaller than a Glock 19.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts

You do know it's a .380, right?

·
Premium Member
946 Posts
I hate to say this but Ruger has a recall on the LCP right now. Not for what he was having the problem with but it makes you wonder what the hell is going on at Ruger. 2 new guns out this year and 2 recalls.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Reviving an old thread here but I just picked up a LCP 2 days ago. Took it out to shoot it today. Put a box of Hornady Critical Defense through it. Out of 25 rounds had 23 failure to extracts. Grabbed the mag out of my buddy's LCP that was loaded with Federal Hydro Shock and every one of them was a failure to extract. He has never had a problem with his so half way through the box I handed the gun over to him and he had the same problem. We are both experienced shooters so I don't think that is the problem. The gun was field stripped, thoroughly cleaned and properly lubed prior to this outing. Field stripped the pistol after shooting it and can't visually see any problems. Was leary of buying a pocket gun. I'm absolutely dissapointed at this point. Gun will be going back to Ruger!!! What a POS.

·
Registered
6,885 Posts
Reviving an old thread here but I just picked up a LCP 2 days ago. Took it out to shoot it today. Put a box of Hornady Critical Defense through it. Out of 25 rounds had 23 failure to extracts. Grabbed the mag out of my buddy's LCP that was loaded with Federal Hydro Shock and every one of them was a failure to extract. He has never had a problem with his so half way through the box I handed the gun over to him and he had the same problem. We are both experienced shooters so I don't think that is the problem. The gun was field stripped, thoroughly cleaned and properly lubed prior to this outing. Field stripped the pistol after shooting it and can't visually see any problems. Was leary of buying a pocket gun. I'm absolutely dissapointed at this point. Gun will be going back to Ruger!!! What a POS.
OHHHH, critical defects and hydro-shocks....both outdated and iffy rounds at best. No wonder it did not work.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts