Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a new LCP and I am looking to get another crossbreed (have one for my XD and I love it) but I don't know which to choose the Micro clip or the Mini tuck. Do any of you LCP owners have any preference on one or the other?
Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
I bought a blemished Micro Tuck for my LCP.
It held the gun well, although I only used it once or twice.
Just not a fan of IWB carry so I sold it.

My LCP spends 99% of the time in a High Noon Pocket Grabber in a pocket...

When I rarely do belt carry, it is in my K&D OWB holster Kevin made for me.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the Black hawk pocket holster and I believe an Uncle Mikes pocket holster that looks exactly like that high noon above. I just think it is harder for me to draw from my pocket than from my waist ( I know practice makes perfect) but I feel like I am faster from the waist. Not to mention I keep my wallet in my right back pocket so when I carry the LCP I have to switch it and it just feels weird I know that is a silly thing to complain about but then again I don't like much change.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Blackhawk inside pocket holster, cheap and does what its supposed to do...holster..

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I bought a blemished Micro Tuck for my LCP.
It held the gun well, although I only used it once or twice.
Just not a fan of IWB carry so I sold it.

.....and I bought it. I really like it. I use a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster during the summer months. My pants pockets make getting the LCP out somewhat difficult. I use the MicroClip during the colder months. I tried the pocket holster in my jacket pocket last weekend. It flopped around a little too much for my liking.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have one with the crimson trace laser on it and i found that the uncle mike's style pocket holster that comes with it work out perfectly.

·
Registered
160 Posts
+1 on the pocket holster. Practice does make perfect but in an uncomfortable situation, say walking into a parking garage, would you rather have your hand in your pocket on your LCP or at the ready in your holster? Seems to me hand in the pocket on your LCP would give you a more inconspicuous advantage. Just my opinion though find what works best for you and PRACTICE.

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
We make 4 different types of holsters for the LCP..The Versa holster does it all..
The same holster can be worn IWB,OWB, Left or Right hand,cross draw.. 931 653-4117

The panel on the pocket holster can be removed with chicago screws if you like

·
Registered
434 Posts
I carry mine in a Blackhawk #3, in my right rear pocket. Works out real well for the draw if "asked" for your wallet. As long as not already at gunpoint. ;>)

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
+1 on the pocket holster. Practice does make perfect but in an uncomfortable situation, say walking into a parking garage, would you rather have your hand in your pocket on your LCP or at the ready in your holster? Seems to me hand in the pocket on your LCP would give you a more inconspicuous advantage. Just my opinion though find what works best for you and PRACTICE.

I agree with all of the above. My only thing is that I carry in my back pocket instead of my front because I keep my phone there and my SOG trident clipped to that pocket. But with all that said I should probably just rearrange and stop whining lol.

Thank you for all advice so far!

·
Registered
13 Posts
With leaving it in your back pocket don't you worry about sitting on it? I have a crimson trace and would think the laser would flex with it being sat on since it's plastic.

·
Registered
45 Posts
With leaving it in your back pocket don't you worry about sitting on it? I have a crimson trace and would think the laser would flex with it being sat on since it's plastic.
I wouldn't worry abound thhe laser. Mine gets banged around quite a bit in my front pocket. And i even dropped it onto a concrete from about 6 feet today and the laser is still perfect.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
i just got my wife a taurus tcp which is pretty much a clone of the lcp. i keep it in my pocket sans holster when we're riding our bikes or i'm out in gym shorts, haven't had any one yell 'gun' yet. i'm assuming you're a guy but if you're a girl there is the flashbang holster, i think we'll be getting that for her shortly.

my buddy and his wife both have LCPs and they carry in their pockets as well without holsters.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts