Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, as some of you you may know, I purchased a Ruger LCP (and it has been fantastic, by the way...)...

I have shot OK with it using a "modified" tea cup grip for my weak hand as there ain't much grip to grab onto with that little feller...

So yesterday at the range, my buddy suggests I try griping with my strong hand only, then holding my wrist tightly at the joint, with my weak hand.

Son of a gun, it worked. Started shooting much better groups.

Don't have a lot of experience with mouse guns, is this a common grip fer these little fellers?

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
I only shoot one handed with mine as well. No point in using two...for one it's not big enough, and also because in the situations where you are probably going to be using it, you either may not have two hands available, or just won't have the time.

My only complain is that with only a one hand grip, I sometimes accidentally drop the mag.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I just tried shoting my LCP with one hand last week and had the same results. I was really surprised that the accuracy really wasn't affected at all but then again, it's not exactly shooting a hot load.

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
^ Same here. I just took my LCP to the range for the first time this weekend. You may have to modify slightly, but I use the same grip fundamentals for my LCP that I use with my XDs. I do practice strong-hand and weak-hand only as well though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts