Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
Yeah, I got one. I carry it daily as my BUG as a cop. Its accurate and reliable. It weighs less than a pound fully loaded. When I put it in my pocket, I can't even feel the weight of it.

I carry it when wearing clothes that I can't conceal my 1911 under. You just can't beat it.

Now if they could just squeeze a .45 into a gun like that, it'd be perfect.

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
Winchester Ranger SXT. 90 JHP turning about 1100fps.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I have an LCP and love it. It goes with me everywhere and drops right into my front pocket. I shot both the LCP ana the Kel Tec when I was choosing and the LCP seemed better overall...even though some will say they're the same gun. It's pretty accurate out to 10 yards, the only problem I have withit is the sights are really small and hard to see in bad light. I'm probably going to colot them so they're easier. I haven't had any loading issues or FTF issues with it. I strongly recommend it as a CC gun, especially if you live in a warmer climeat where it's difficult to carry anything realy big. My wife also love it and will most likely be addopting it soon so I may be picking up another. Another pocket pistol that I'm waiting to see is the Taurus pt709 which is supposedly not much larger that the LCP but shoots 9mm. Hope this helps.

·
Banned
3,651 Posts
I have an LCP and love it. It goes with me everywhere and drops right into my front pocket. I shot both the LCP ana the Kel Tec when I was choosing and the LCP seemed better overall...even though some will say they're the same gun. It's pretty accurate out to 10 yards, the only problem I have withit is the sights are really small and hard to see in bad light. I'm probably going to colot them so they're easier. I haven't had any loading issues or FTF issues with it. I strongly recommend it as a CC gun, especially if you live in a warmer climeat where it's difficult to carry anything realy big. My wife also love it and will most likely be addopting it soon so I may be picking up another. Another pocket pistol that I'm waiting to see is the Taurus pt709 which is supposedly not much larger that the LCP but shoots 9mm. Hope this helps.
The Taurus you speak of is quite a bit bigger than an LCP, more like the size of a Kahr.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I dont have one, and actually havent even seen one in a store yet. I asked the owner of one of my local shops once if he had heard anything about them, he told me that he had over 20 on back order! He was selling them before he even got them.

I guess that means they must be pretty decent

·
Banned
3,651 Posts
I dont have one, and actually havent even seen one in a store yet. I asked the owner of one of my local shops once if he had heard anything about them, he told me that he had over 20 on back order! He was selling them before he even got them.

I guess that means they must be pretty decent

Not necessarily decent at all. It just means that there is a desire for that style of handgun. Doesn't mean it's not a POS, very easily could be junk. We all still want one, but being sold without anyone actually holding or firing one says nothing about reliability, especially with a hit or miss company like Taurus.

·
Premium Member
946 Posts
I love my LCP. When I first got it I didn't like it because it was so small it didn't fit in my hand, I could only get two fingers on it. I went to e-bay and got some finger extensions for the magazines and that helped like you would not believe. I now can get 3 fingers on it and it makes it a lot more comfortable. Then I put some dots on the sights to make it easier to see. I now have a laser on it and let me tell you, it is my most fun gun to shoot right now. I cant even take it out at the gun range because everyone in the world wants to see it and shoot it. I have talked many people into getting it. I do recomend this gun to anyone.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I love my LCP. When I first got it I didn't like it because it was so small it didn't fit in my hand, I could only get two fingers on it. I went to e-bay and got some finger extensions for the magazines and that helped like you would not believe. I now can get 3 fingers on it and it makes it a lot more comfortable. Then I put some dots on the sights to make it easier to see. I now have a laser on it and let me tell you, it is my most fun gun to shoot right now. I cant even take it out at the gun range because everyone in the world wants to see it and shoot it. I have talked many people into getting it. I do recomend this gun to anyone.
Glad to see your endorsement along with some of the others. You mind posting some photos of your LCP with the mods you mentioned? I was just at my LGS today looking around. Of course, they didn't have one, but they did have Ruger's 2008 Sales Catalog, which includes thee LCP.

While there I looked at a Kel-Tec P-11 and the the P-32, since they are pretty small as well. But I'm not sure which I'd really like for a pocket gun. I plan to apply for my CHP soon, so I'm starting to look now.

·
Banned
5,690 Posts
I got to shoot an early model when my wife was doing video work for a gun magazine writer. We took it to the range and shot with 8 different brands of ammo and it was 100% reliable and quite accurate.

We were both surprised and both said we'd carry it as a BUG.

The trigger is long and hard but there are no other safeties so it was OK.

I only buy guns I'll carry and/or shoot and I just don't want to carry something this small, but it IS a nice gun.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
550+ rounds thru mine, never a problem.
I've only put WWB and Speer Gold Dots thru it..

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
Had one, just sold it. It was nothing against the LCP, I loved it and it did what it was supposed to do. My reason to get rid of it was that I was running too many different calibers so something had to go... 380 was the easiest to get rid off. Sold the LCP and extra mags for more than what I paid for it and bought a PF-9 which still fits in my pocket and 9mm is half the cost of 380

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
Unless I needed an absolute stealth gun I'd stick to my G26. Like T Bard I prefer to have just 1 or 2 different caliber pistols.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have one and carry it almost daily. I just put a crimson trace on it yesterday. can't wait to try it out.

·
Banned
3,651 Posts
I'll never understand the "i own too many caliber" argument. I have at least 30,000 rounds of ammo in storage at any time. I don't see the reason not to have a mixture of a few different calibers that add up to 30K, or 30K rounds of one caliber? If I own a pistol of one caliber, i buy a few boxes of that caliber. I own a second caliber, I buy a few boxes of that caliber:idea: Buy 380 when it's on sale, buy 9mm when it's on sale, same with .45;)

Buying A box of ammo is still ammo, regardless of how many calibers you need. However, selling a nice BUG llike the LCP and replacing it with a POS KelTec is also something I"ll never understand, especially with a "caliber" excuse.

·
Registered
517 Posts
My wife bought one and it hates remington hp's. They fed but would not fire. 10 out of 50 didn't fire. All 50 of the rounds dimpled the same.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts