·
Registered
1,406 Posts
CCW? Got a holster picked out yet?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got mine from my local gunshop for $379. I don't usually buy from local gun shops but it was a fair price. Hate that it only comes with one mag though. An extra mag costs $30 putting the gun over $400.

Took it to the range on Sunday. Nice gun. I'm surprised at how accurate it is for such a small gun. The groups were tight even at 25 yards. I've never had a subcompact before so I'm pleased with it.

Anyone know of a good pocket holster?

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Went to my gun shop yesterday and inquired about the LC9 as I was checking out. Guy said they have a waiting list as long as your arm. :shock: Nope, not gonna see one there anytime soon.:(

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Anyone know of a good pocket holster?
Take a look at the Galco PRO Series pocket holster. The PRO 460 fits the PF-9, but the LC9 has a deeper trigger guard. The Galco for the G-26 (PRO 286) will work as well. That's what I used until I could find the PRO 460.

It has Good thick leather to keep sweat away from the pistol and a metal insert in the top hem to keep the holster from collapsing.

Many like the DiSantis Nemesis series pocket holsters, or the Uncle Mikes (#3 for the PF-9) too.

·
Premium Member
127,275 Posts
Congratulations! I test fired one and couldn't stand it...way too tiny for my big hands. To each his own, of course. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well as for holsters I used my Milt Sparks Sig 225 holster just to see if I wanted to carry IWB and I have ordered one for the LC9. I have about 300 rds through it and is a great little gun. I can pocket carry in a cargo pocket all day and not have a problem

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
High noon holsters has various pocket & tuckable IWB. They are the only leather I carry anymore

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Went to my gun shop yesterday and inquired about the LC9 as I was checking out. Guy said they have a waiting list as long as your arm. :shock: Nope, not gonna see one there anytime soon.:(
They're always like that, wait 8-10 months and they'll be coming out their noses!

I hate waiting like every one else does though so I shouldn't talk. I bought the XD45 Service with full length grip when I was told the new compact cut handle would be a long wait!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the holster suggestions. I bought the DeSantis Superfly. The material is sticky and releases the gun from the pocket without a problem. I'm a bit concerned because you can see the outline of the gun even with the extra flap attached (on Khaki shorts). It should work with black slacks which is what I bought it for though.

Up to 300 rounds now. 299 of the shots have gone off without any problems. I'm still pleased with the gun. I did have a misfire on one round. Upon inspection it looked like the firing pin hit just outside of the primer. Is that possible?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Bought the Ruger LC9 today. Can't wait to take it to the range tomorrow.
So you've had this for a few months now, how are you liking it? I am on the fence, but I really like the look and feel of the LC9. I've read a lot of good reviews, and a handful of negative ones, so how is it working out for you?:confused:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just to add my 2 cents I picked one up this week and only got 12 rounds through it before I noticed my rear sight about to fall off. Will take it out again Friday and site it in from the bench and lock tite the rear set screw.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Just to add my 2 cents I picked one up this week and only got 12 rounds through it before I noticed my rear sight about to fall off. Will take it out again Friday and site it in from the bench and lock tite the rear set screw.
Yeah, not the first time I have heard that. So far, I have heard that the LC9 (for optimal first time use) should be cleaned right out of the box before use, and to make sure that the rear sight is indeed tightened. I am about 90% sure this is my next purchase (mid Sept), I am gonna get a steel guide rod for it (improves accuracy, so i've heard), and maybe a Crimson Trace Laser Guard. I am also thinking about Cerakoting it in some sort of desert motif (cuz that's how I roll!) For now, more research and waiting! :-?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Val I did strip and clean the gun and checked every nook and cranny. It was about the fiith or sixth round that I noticed I was shooting way right and then at round 12 I noticed my rear sight was slidding right off. Luckily I stopped there. I am going to pick up some locktite and head to the range Friday and get it zeroed and locked up. Will hopefully get 200 rounds through it.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Val I did strip and clean the gun and checked every nook and cranny. It was about the fiith or sixth round that I noticed I was shooting way right and then at round 12 I noticed my rear sight was slidding right off. Luckily I stopped there. I am going to pick up some locktite and head to the range Friday and get it zeroed and locked up. Will hopefully get 200 rounds through it.
Let us know how that goes. I've read several reviews and the biggest complaint is that "the gun shoots all over place". I was at one of my LGS (again) and was dry firing it a bit, to me the trigger is smooth, if not a bit long. Other than that, I see no issues... I think what some people fail to understand, is that this is a double action trigger, it requires some patience and finesse. Slow squeeze, and let the bang surprise you! Basic stuff... :?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yeah, not the first time I have heard that. So far, I have heard that the LC9 (for optimal first time use) should be cleaned right out of the box before use, and to make sure that the rear sight is indeed tightened. I am about 90% sure this is my next purchase (mid Sept), I am gonna get a steel guide rod for it (improves accuracy, so i've heard), and maybe a Crimson Trace Laser Guard. I am also thinking about Cerakoting it in some sort of desert motif (cuz that's how I roll!) For now, more research and waiting! :-?
I bought mine, walked straight to the indoor range and promptly ran 100 rounds through it with no malfunctions at all. It was COVERED in grease, but functioned fine.
I'm a big guy with big hands but I love that little gun.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts