Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
30,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I was offered a spot in an upcoming class at work. I was told that a 4" revolver in 38/357 was required. Well, any excuse to buy a new gun, right?

I hated that there is no padding in the Ruger cases.

A black front sight is a terrible idea. I have an orange one on order.

Over all, I like it. I like the weight andthe trigger pull. I put it in a cheapo IWB holster and carried it around the house and it wasn't too terribly heavy.

The front sight is black, making acquisition terrible, and the grips are a tad slippery. I'm looking for something closer to G10 grips for it.

·
Registered
5,635 Posts
Nice, I have it in stainless but the black is real smooth. Also got a fiber optic front for it, changing the front is stupid easy. VZ really needs to get on the GP100.

·
Registered
22,575 Posts
Looks good. Until you can get the front sight changed, may I suggest a dab of white-out or nail polish on it?

Reactions: Helpdesk9

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Very cool, congrats!

You're right about black sights sucking, but on the bright side as JB pointed out the GP100 is silly easy to change from sights.

Reactions: Helpdesk9

·
Premium Member
27,915 Posts
Get a set of Wolff springs for it.....you can thank me later! ;)

·
Registered
29,825 Posts
Isn't lvl2 just a thumbreak? Shouldn't be too hard to find...

And a little white-out will work wonders on the front sight...

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
You know--I much prefer ye olde Hogue grips with the wood inlays.

Like mine...

Absolutely agree. I really like mine- when they are attached to a gun in good working condition. :lol:

·
Registered
804 Posts
Congrats. I love my GP100. Altamont was just what the doctor ordered for me. I ordered the "snakeskin combo" in rosewood. For less than $50 to the door, I am quite pleased with the fit and finish. BTW, if you order the combo, they should include the locator pin and grip screw.

·
Banned
20,993 Posts
I was looking at something similar last night. Altamont I think?
I've bought Altamonte for a couple revolvers....Good selection and reasonable priced....IMO

·
Banned
20,993 Posts
Oh I almost forgot. I need to find a left hand level 2 retention holster that can go on a duty belt, for it
Safariland sells retention duty holsters....Priced from about 85.00 and ^^^^^ up.....

·
Registered
828 Posts
Last week I was offered a spot in an upcoming class at work. I was told that a 4" revolver in 38/357 was required. Well, any excuse to buy a new gun, right?

I hated that there is no padding in the Ruger cases.

A black front sight is a terrible idea. I have an orange one on order.

Over all, I like it. I like the weight andthe trigger pull. I put it in a cheapo IWB holster and carried it around the house and it wasn't too terribly heavy.

The front sight is black, making acquisition terrible, and the grips are a tad slippery. I'm looking for something closer to G10 grips for it.
Great addition, enjoy!
Get a set of Wolff springs for it.....you can thank me later! ;)
I've had a set of these on my Brownells wish list for awhile. Do they make that much of a difference. I may have to let my GP out of the safe this week.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I have the same exact model, 4.2" blued. I installed the HiViz orange site to the front. Man, what a difference that makes!! Love this gun.

Joe

1 - 20 of 53 Posts