Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
The LC9s is a cheap 9mm that some folks like, myself not being one. My brother owns one and I've fired it numerous times, yet just can't seem to get over the cheap feel of it.
The EC9s is a cheaper "value" version of the LC9s.

I say the LC stands for "Little Cheap 9" and the other stands for "Extremely Cheap 9".

If you're poor, its better than a hand full of gravel, otherwise don't be cheap and buy something better.

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
I have a LC9s Pro, the Pro means 'No Safety'. It is used sparingly by me as a 9MM Pocket pistol. As mentioned already the EC9s is a 'economy' version. The LC9s has dovetailed sights making them easy to replace, not so with the EC9s they are molded in,

It is a good value as a CC capable pistol, some like the external safety. I have the same safety on my LC9 and LC-380 (all use the same frame) the LC9 was the original and it and the LC-380 have a long DA trigger pull and the same small external safety. The LC9s and EC9s share the safety in the trigger like Glock and others.

The 9's kick....A lot! I recommend a Hogue Handsall grip sleeve. Cheap and will mitigate the recoil, maes it a little fatter though.

I'd buy a EC9S but that niche is filled with my LC9s Pro or Taurus G2C 9MM.

Reactions: RusherJim

·
Registered
EDC Springfield XDE 45. Beretta PX4 40 and 45, Compact 9mm. Sig P-220 10mm, NAA 22-mag revolver.
219 Posts
I had and carried a little LC9S which is pretty much the same pistol for about three years despite the fact of it being a striker fired pistol, I really liked it, it was a really good shooter that I thought the recoil was extremely well manageable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
EDC Springfield XDE 45. Beretta PX4 40 and 45, Compact 9mm. Sig P-220 10mm, NAA 22-mag revolver.
219 Posts
I have a LC9s Pro, the Pro means 'No Safety'. It is used sparingly by me as a 9MM Pocket pistol. As mentioned already the EC9s is a 'economy' version. The LC9s has dovetailed sights making them easy to replace, not so with the EC9s they are molded in,

It is a good value as a CC capable pistol, some like the external safety. I have the same safety on my LC9 and LC-380 (all use the same frame) the LC9 was the original and it and the LC-380 have a long DA trigger pull and the same small external safety. The LC9s and EC9s share the safety in the trigger like Glock and others.

The 9's kick....A lot! I recommend a Hogue Handsall grip sleeve. Cheap and will mitigate the recoil, maes it a little fatter though.

I'd buy a EC9S but that niche is filled with my LC9s Pro or Taurus G2C 9MM.
Also, the pro version means that it doesn’t have the magazine disconnect either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts