Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
When they get below 300 I might snag one to play with.

·
Registered
44 Posts
People always call Glocks and XDs ugly but I think the new lines of Ruger semiautos have them beat. I owned a P89 9mm in the past and loved it. I own enough polymer handguns as it is but I may pick one up as well if I see one selling used for $225-$250, especially considering Hi Points are only selling for $50 less these days.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've always wondered why people concern themselves with how a pistol looks.
For the same reason they concern themselves with how clothes, cars, furniture, ect looks. To me its not a big deal but at the end of the day if I can get a great looking firearm that functions great as well, I would be more happy.

There is a good reason I dont carry a Hi Point in the waistband of my camo pants while cruising around in my Geo Metro. :D

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Considering that the Hi-Point isn't exactly a firearm that is renowned for its reliability...

OK, let me state it this way: When it comes to a defensive firearm, are you more concerned with form, or function?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Considering that the Hi-Point isn't exactly a firearm that is renowned for its reliability...

OK, let me state it this way: When it comes to a defensive firearm, are you more concerned with form, or function?
Statistically, my Hi Points have been more reliable than the 1911s I have owned. In fact the only time I have ever had a Hi Point jam is when it wasnt oiled. Your experiences may vary, but I have never talked to anyone that was disappointed in their Hi Point.

But to answer your question, function without question but form is nice as well. In fact I believe form sells more than function in the same way junk food out sells healthy food. I know the comparisons are kind of weird but the world we live in seems to operate that way.

·
Banned
20,016 Posts

There are plenty that do both. Shoot/function well without looking like the prototype was made out of wood. :grin:

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Statistically, my Hi Points have been more reliable than the 1911s I have owned. In fact the only time I have ever had a Hi Point jam is when it wasnt oiled. Your experiences may vary, but I have never talked to anyone that was disappointed in their Hi Point.

But to answer your question, function without question but form is nice as well. In fact I believe form sells more than function in the same way junk food out sells healthy food. I know the comparisons are kind of weird but the world we live in seems to operate that way.
Agreed. Sometimes I just like to stir the pot a bit. Besides, my Gen2 Glock looks GOOOOD. Yeah, I'm messed up in the head. ;)
There are plenty that do both. Shoot/function well without looking like the prototype was made out of wood. :grin:
Psh, stick to your shotguns! :lol:

I still think the VP-9 is a great looking pistol. I'll have one eventually.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
Nah. Lay a 1911, Hi Power, CZ-75 or even a 3rd gen smith beside them and they're gonna look like down syndrome chihuahuas.

They do feel good in hand though!

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Eh, a clean 1911 is nice, but I still view them much as I do a supermodel - nice to look at, but typically a royal PITA to live with.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
Get back to practicing with the checkering file damnit!

I need to buy some jigs to start messing with mine. I think I'll send the slide out for Novak and High Power cuts first though. Then get nuts and maybe blue it myself assuming I don't destroy it.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts