Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first got my Ruger I wasn't shooting too bad, but now something is causing my shots to go left, even when shooting at rest.

I've adjusted the rear sight every which way, and the results stay the same.
Here are some before and after photos. Aside from some wonky technique problem, what could cause this?

When I first purchased the Ruger in 2009
Ruger 22/45 11/19/10 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

And what's indicative of my last 6 months or so of range time.
Ruger 22/45 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
I don't understand, it consistently shoots left but when you adjust the sight it starts shooting unpredicably so as to never be able to be zeroed?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't understand, it consistently shoots left but when you adjust the sight it starts shooting unpredicably so as to never be able to be zeroed?
Not unpredictably but just still left. Those stragglers on the right in the second photo are from me aiming right.

·
Registered
4,262 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is the sight moving at all? Sometimes the front or rear sight can become unscrewed. The rear sight is held down with a set-screw and the front sight is actually screwed into the barrel. I've had both of these issues with mine. A little blue loc-tite is the answer.
Rear sight blade is moving, how much I don't know.

Front sight is loc-tite in place.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
What ammo are you shooting and how often do you clean it...Might be lead deposits on the barrel...Just a thought...:)

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What ammo are you shooting and how often do you clean it...Might be lead deposits on the barrel...Just a thought...:)
I do use bulk packs, plated bullets, but have been since day one. I clean it every couple of range visits. Is it possible

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
Center the rear sight and work on grip and trigger control. Nothing wrong with the pistol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts