Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have pic's of their XD with a pacmyer or hogue slip-on grip installed. I'm interested to see how you guys notched the rear of the grip to allow clearance for the grip safety.

Thanx! :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Ive got the hogue rubber slip on, and I love it...it makes the xd feel even better in my hands if you can imagine that.
Pic not that high quality but it will work.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I did have to cut it for the best fit but it was no big deal. I did heat the rubber so it would slip on easier. The easiest way for me was to cut it after it was on the gun, just to make sure it would work and look good. I just cut around the grip safety and the bottom of the grip.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How did you heat the rubber? and also if anyone else has done this I would like to see some pic's. I'm a visual learner. :wink:

·
Registered
150 Posts
I've installed several Hogue Handall's. I usually heat them up in a glass of hot water or use a hair dryer. It makes a huge difference in the installation.

Lex in NC

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What size tire did you use? I have a 1.75 and I don't think theres any way of getting this bastard on there...man my hands hurt... Also I noticed the tire I have is thicker in one side and tapers down thin on the other. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
I used a 26" tube. Not sure if the diameter of the tube changes from one to another. All it took me was some determination and sore fingers. It's definatly a bitch to get on there. Maybe you can try the hot water or hairdryer method these other chaps are using to get their handall/houges on with.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here is my new twist on the idea. 3 peice tube grip with the thicker part on the inside of the grip. Creating semi-finger grooves just makes it look kinda cool...Tactical even...LOL . A lot easyer to get on this way but my fingers still hurt :cry:

Lemme know what you guys around the XD world think. :D

Im even thinking of doing this to my Ruger MKII.....

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
shoot with it on there, if it feels good/natural to you and you think it's an improvement, keep it. If not, scrap it. To me, my tube grip makes the gun feel a lot more secure in my hand. It hasn't improved or harmed my shot groupings and since it makes it feel better to me, it gets to stay. My roommate hates it.. "It was fine before".

·
Registered
49 Posts
Savage*Henry,

Here you go:

Sorry, the gun is a bit dirty. I just practiced today and have yet to clean it.

The grip does NOT rotate after shooting. I did NOT have to apply any glue to secure the grip. It works VERY well and is now a permanent fixture on my XD40-SC. I like the palm swell of the Hogue Hand-All on this weapon. Works very well in myhands.

ppmd

·
Registered
45 Posts
Install the grip first.. Hairspray can help the job along...

Cut notch once grip is on weapon.... I used an exacto knife with new sharp blade...

Hope this helps :twisted:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Install the grip first.. Hairspray can help the job along...

Cut notch once grip is on weapon.... I used an exacto knife with new sharp blade...

Hope this helps :twisted:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Have the XD9 & 40 both, With the Hogue grips. Hair spray does work great. Once I did cut the grip to allow for the grip safty, I did not cut the one on my 9. After a period of time I replaced the grip on the 40 and did'nt cut it. I like it much better. I don't see any reason to cut the grip. Pretent its a Glock.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
i had hogues. when i cut them they wouldnt stand up to the abuse i put them through, so i got rid of them.

i say, dont cut them at all.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So your saying, leave the grip safety depressed under the grip?

Btw Im used to a good ol double action revolver, safety about the same at that point.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Savage*Henry said:
So your saying, leave the grip safety depressed under the grip?
no... you can slide the hogue completly on without affecting the grip safety and without having to cut it. it will stay in place as long as you degreese the grip before puting it on, and it will only stick out from the bottom on the backstrap of the grip and only protrude about 1/8th of an inch; so it wont get in the way of magazine feeding.

if you cant picture it i will try to take some pics of it and post them.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Make sure you are comparing apples to apples when reading the other posters. If I am not mistaken, the various XDs have DIFFERENT LENGTH GRIPS, which DIRECTLY AFFECT how the Hogue Hand-All will fit onto them relative to magazine release button and grip safety.

For my XD-40 Sub-Compact, cutting was needed to accommodate the grip safety when fitting a Hogue Hand-All. You've seen the photos elsewhere in this thread.

Good luck.

ppmd

1 - 20 of 23 Posts