Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a good write-up or video about how to properly clean and lube an XD45? This is my first hand gun and I just wanna make sure I'm cleaning it properly and what parts I should lube. Thanks for the info.

Sent from the rocket in my pocket, my all powerful DROID BIONIC.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Frog lube is the bar none best thing you can use on your gun! ;)

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have some FL but I'm looking for info on how to clean and what parts to lube. I know how to field strip the weapon for cleaning but what parts do u need to lube exactly?

Sent from the rocket in my pocket, my all powerful DROID BIONIC.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I keep a very light coat on anything that moves.

·
Banned
38,922 Posts
Frog lube is the bar none best thing you can use on your gun! ;)
Says Who ?

A freak'n advertisement !!!

Someone asked yesterday, in another thread (reference post #72 from the below link), and there doesn't seem to be an independent test that includes Froglube, but there are a lot of people who say it is better than sliced bread, and there are others who have said it doesn't provide the level of wear (during use) protection that most other products provide.

If you have proof ... I and a few others (speaking for them) want to see it.

Thus far, all I've determined is that it's wintergreen scented furniture polish ... In other-words, it's a wax, and a wax is fine, if you want to preserve something, but not much good for lubricating something.

http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/xd-gunsmithing-maintenance/180732-froglube-input-wanted-2.html#post3067468

Evidence Please !!

·
Registered
24 Posts
There is not water, wax or oil in FrogLube. It is made of food grade plant material. 100% biodegradable and carries a "Federally Preferred" rating.

·
Registered
46 Posts
After doing some researching, I also went with Froglube. It works well, smell good and doesn't have harmful chemicals. I like it so far!

·
Registered
48 Posts
still doesn't answer how or why froglube is so superior over the other commercial products does it? the biodegradable thing is commendable but as AZXD puts it, where's the evidence/testing.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I like #9 for cleaning and I've used a number of lubes with no real complaints. I think one thing that logic will tell you is you want to oil any areas where there is metal on metal movement accessible from a field strip. Also to use a light amount of oil unless you plan in storing it for a long time the I'd use a little more. Q-tips work great for slide groves just make sure to remove any strands that come off the q-tip in the process. That's what I do but there are millions of ways to skin a cat. and lots of people hate q-tips.

·
Banned
38,922 Posts
To answer your question - click on the link below:

xd 45 cleaning - YouTube
A cleaning search ... Really ... LOL
There is not water, wax or oil in FrogLube. It is made of food grade plant material. 100% biodegradable and carries a "Federally Preferred" rating.
You said long ago that you sell the stuff, right ?

Where is the independent testing, proof ?

Until I can be convinced by something that is not sales hype, I'll stick to much lower cost, time proven products, thanks ... And to be honest, until it becomes obvious, I'll continue to use a synthetic oil called Mobil 1, and a bit of white lithium grease in key locations.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts