Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone rounded off the trigger guard on their XD? I dislike the square look of the trigger guard and never use it anyway. Would it devalue the gun substantially? Pics anyone? :)

·
Premium Member
4,823 Posts
I did smooth one out a bit, didn't round it out too much.

I'm not at my computer at the moment but I have a couple pictures in a album in my profile if you wish to look.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9550 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,586 Posts

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Yup. Did you use a dremel? What wheel?
Used the little sanding drums, then some home made sanding discs, then wet sanded by hand.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
It'll kill the value for resale. However, it won't hurt the function of the gun. Use a Dremel-type tool with the 1/2" fine sanding drum, then some 220 or finer grit sandpaper and finally a polishing wheel in the dremel with some jeweler's rouge medium. The finishing technique depends on how good you want it to look.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think I like it too. I'm gonna get my dremel to work when I find some free time. :)

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I might just do that to the 9sc I bought used. Since I quit placing my support-hand index finger on the front of trigger guard more of the holes in the target are where I want them.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
That looks awesome..:D
Thanks, It's kinda become my favorite XD, just wish I had the free ca$h to run it right now ( it's a 40 ). Till I get some medical bills paid off all I can afford iz my lil 22s.
I had been planning to do this to my old 9mm Service, but it's an old "one notcher" and I couldn't bring myself to chop it along with an open top slide and shark gills. The "foaty" was just sitting around not getting much range time, so it sort of volunteered itself lol.

·
Registered
304 Posts
i actualy thought about doing this.
im not of a care for resale value person.
but what about holsters that use that triger guard area for retention ?
jus curious

·
Banned
45 Posts
as far as i know they all catch the inside of the trigger guard so it doesnt affect the operation. ive rounded mine on an sc9 and it still works fine in a serpa.

·
Premium Member
23,655 Posts
That looks awesome..:D

have to agree , that looks great, resale, iam wondering?? in some ways , it may boost it, or not would depend oon person buying it, if you were trading it in at a retailer then id say yes they would dock you, if i was buyin it id say thats cool ill take it, as with all modern guns these days nothing seems to hold a solid value, bout the time u buy a 500.oo dollar gun, two weeks later they are on sale all over for 450.00!!

·
Premium Member
23,655 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,823 Posts
wow man you did great , looks fantastic, old friend:shock:
what sights you going to use on her?
I'm not real sure what will ensue.

The plan was? An open gun with red dot + another slide with fixed sights.

Who knows, I'm stalled on it for a bit. Too much happening right now.

Hopefully soon

1 - 20 of 22 Posts