Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time poster.
I've owned my XDs 9mm for a little over two weeks. I've shot approx. 300 rounds thru it. All reloads. Some cast bullets some jacketed. The pistol
has worked flawlessly. I was pleasantly surprised how well it shoots! I'm
having a lot of fun with it. :)

I have not put a spring kit in but I have pushed down on the grip safety spring with the frame fully assembled. I have gotten the trigger weight down to between 5 1/2 and 6 pounds from over 9# using my trigger
weights. My problem is the stage of the trigger after the initial take up is
pretty "jerky". By that I mean with smooth uninterrupted trigger pressure it has a start and stop feel.

Does anyone know what can be done to smooth this out?
Thanks!
Z

·
Registered
417 Posts
You can put more rounds down range or polish out some contact points to speed it up a bit

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The recommendation to have JamesP51 work his magic made me more curious. I think I now better understand how the pistol works.

Please tell me where and how much of what follows is wrong:

When the slide is racked the trigger bar is in it's most forward position and the sear is also fully forward. The striker still has a long way to go.
As the trigger is pulled the rear face of the sear engages the forward face
of the striker "tab" (for lack of a better word) and retracts the striker more and more as you pull the trigger. At nearly it's most rearward position the geometry of the sear rotation causes it to "drop" out of the way releasing the now fully cocked striker. The rough second stage I feel is the sear and striker sliding against each other.

How'd I do?:-(
Z

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If I can ask one more question please.
I noticed that Powder River sells a punch set that has awl type handles.
Does that mean all the pins can be pushed out by hand rather than using
a small hammer?
Thanks!
Z

·
Registered
417 Posts
I have thar set from PRP and I still use a small nylon hammer. As for smoothing out the pull... I polished the areas where metal meets metal.

·
Registered
9,959 Posts
The recommendation to have JamesP51 work his magic made me more curious. I think I now better understand how the pistol works.

Please tell me where and how much of what follows is wrong:

When the slide is racked the trigger bar is in it's most forward position and the sear is also fully forward. The striker still has a long way to go.
As the trigger is pulled the rear face of the sear engages the forward face
of the striker "tab" (for lack of a better word) and retracts the striker more and more as you pull the trigger. At nearly it's most rearward position the geometry of the sear rotation causes it to "drop" out of the way releasing the now fully cocked striker. The rough second stage I feel is the sear and striker sliding against each other.

How'd I do?:-(
Z

Upgraded XDS Unboxing & Comparison New vs Old ? Tacti-Cool.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts