Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in hurricane alley here in Florida. On the short list of emergency equipment around here is a generator to help keep the fans blowing in the event of being without power for a week or more (been there before). We often talk about rotating through our long term storage food and stored water, but hardly anybody mentions rotating through your fuel. Whether it's diesel or regular I suggest putting the fuel in your car and re-filling the storage can every month or so. That way you'll always have fresh fuel in the event of an emergency.

Cheers,
G33k

·
Registered
22,575 Posts
That's pretty much what my brother and I do. Also, remember to add Sta-Bil if you gas has any ethanol.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Every month is great, I use the day light savings time start/end days to remember to rotate my stored water, would work for gas too. Every 6 months isn't too bad.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Every couple of weeks I take the gas can at the front of the queue and empty it in the car, then go to the gas station and fill the car and the can. Was going to get gas anyway, doing it like this it is also on the way home after doing errands. Then that can goes to the back of the queue. Do it with the wifes car to. Always have fresh gas in the garage and never run out for the lawn mower.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.