Springfield XD Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Good deal Bozz10mm Enjoy the Ronin. Looks like a beauty. You went through Grabagun which also a good deal. I’ve purchased 4 of my handguns from them over the years. Never an issue with Grabagun in my opinion.

·
Registered
9,892 Posts
My "Ronin Now in Stock" email from GrabAGun must have gone directly to spam... first time in the history of ever that my spam filter actually worked.
Thanks a bunch, gmail... appreciate you being on the job.

Congratulations on the new gat, @Bozz10mm... nice deal, beautiful piece. My enthusiasm has cooled slightly, but not doused yet. Pretty sure I'll be ordering one up soon.

Reactions: Bozz10mm

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Good deal Bozz10mm Enjoy the Ronin. Looks like a beauty. You went through Grabagun which also a good deal. I’ve purchased 4 of my handguns from them over the years. Never an issue with Grabagun in my opinion.
Yep, Grab A Gun is GTG. I actually found it cheaper at CTD for $699.99 +$16 handling, but I be damned if I'll buy anything from them.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
My "Ronin Now in Stock" email from GrabAGun must have gone directly to spam... first time in the history of ever that my spam filter actually worked.
Thanks a bunch, gmail... appreciate you being on the job.

Congratulations on the new gat, @Bozz10mm... nice deal, beautiful piece. My enthusiasm has cooled slightly, but not doused yet. Pretty sure I'll be ordering one up soon.
Yeah, I put myself on their notification list and two days later I got the email that it was back in stock. They day after I ordered it, they went back to OOS.

·
Registered
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I ordered from grabagun 2 weeks ago.
They are shipping fast. Ordered my shotgun fri night. Shipped Monday morning.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Took the Ronin Operator to the range yesterday. It seems to very accurate. I did have some problems with it feeding the last round tho. Out of 160 rounds, it had a fail to feed 2 times on the last round and one time while chambering the first round. I'm thinking it may be magazine related as it was the same mag each time, the MecGar mag that came with it. I bought two new identical MecGar mags and they seemed to work fine. Or maybe it just isn't broken in yet. It looked like the nose of the bullet was hitting the top of the chamber and was stuck there.

·
Registered
18,869 Posts
Took the Ronin Operator to the range yesterday. It seems to very accurate. I did have some problems with it feeding the last round tho. Out of 160 rounds, it had a fail to feed 2 times on the last round and one time while chambering the first round. I'm thinking it may be magazine related as it was the same mag each time, the MecGar mag that came with it. I bought two new identical MecGar mags and they seemed to work fine. Or maybe it just isn't broken in yet. It looked like the nose of the bullet was hitting the top of the chamber and was stuck there.
Nice! The factory mag is usually junk, failing to feed the last round is a mag issue. Wilson mags solve that problem 100% of the time in my experience.

The Ronin is a really nice looking gun and a deal at the price they're selling for. Add a magwell and front strap checkering and maybe trigger work and you're set.

Reactions: Bozz10mm

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Nice! The factory mag is usually junk, failing to feed the last round is a mag issue. Wilson mags solve that problem 100% of the time in my experience.

I replaced the followers and spring in the 3 Mecgar mags with Wilson followers and springs. Bought 2 new Wilson Combat EMT mags and 1 Kimber mag. Seemed to do the trick. On my 2nd range trip I fired 151 rounds of various fmj and 3 mags of Golden Sabre. With all 6 mags, it ran flawlessly. Not even one bobble. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Yea WC etm mags have never given me any problems. Another good option I've found are the Ruger 1911 mags made by Check Mate with the hybrid followers.

·
Registered
9,892 Posts
I'm still looking for one of these.
I understand a gun being hard to find at first, especially if it's something that has been hyped and anticipated (like the SiG P365 was). But this is basically a pretty finish and parts-bin rehash of an already existing model, is it not?
Are they that desirable?
Still can't find one in stock at any of the usual online resources.
Weird. Maybe I'm just being thwarted by the current buying frenzy, but this doesn't seem like a gun that would appeal that much to first-timers. Maybe anything that goes BANG is appealing at this point.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I got a Ronin 5" .45 ACP last fall. Present from my wife for a work promotion. She and the pistol are keepers. While the TRP Operator (half rail) she got me a few years ago for my 40th is a bit nicer, the Ronin is a great pistol.

My main wish is that it had front strap checkering, even 20 LPI would work. Since I'll have to send it to a smith myself, I think I'll spring for 30 LPI. The other thing, as others have mentioned, is I wish it had a magwell.

For a fun to shoot pistol, it's great. I actually prefer the sights on the Ronin to the TRP as the fiber optic is easy to pick up. I'm not a fan of NS due to the opinion that if it's dark enough to need the NS, you can't identify your target very well. If it's dark enough for NS, a WML seems to be in order and at that point, you can't see NS with a super bright WML.

I use WC ETM 8 round mags and have not had any issues what so ever with either factory or handloads.

Again, the TRP Operator is hands down a better pistol, but I do enjoy the two tone look with wood grips. Classic 1911 style with updated features. I prefer the WML option of the TRP but I think a rail on the Ronin would distract from the classic styling.

Glad I got one, it's awesome.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts