Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just read about this one.
Hammer forged barrel, blued slide with polished flats and matte rounds.
Standard single sided extended safety with a FO front sight. I'm a sucker for two tone 1911's. Roll mark is minimal and clean looking except for the trigger shoe imo. A standard long trigger bow could fix that though. I thought I've seen a few online dealers starting these at $699
1911 Ronin™ Operator® - .45 ACP | Springfield Armory

·
Registered
18,869 Posts
Looks nice. Needs front strap checkering and a magwell though.

·
Registered
9,893 Posts
I like.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I think one of the biggies with that is SA is offering a blued finish! Hopefully they’ll begin offering some of their other 1911’s in blued finish just like it was intended.

·
Registered
9,893 Posts
That's not a bad looking 1911. Not a big 2 tone fan, but, I like this one. The grips seem to tie it all together, nicely.
Seems to be making a comeback...
Les Baer Custom Inc.

The "Boss" model adds wood grips and makes for a beautiful package.

Reactions: Snaphook

·
Registered
9,893 Posts
My next 1911 is going to have front strap checkering. I have one of the add on WC Checkered front straps on my current 1911 and really like it.
I have them on mine too, it helps quite a bit and is almost unnoticeable as an add-on.

I don't know if I'd put one on a $1000+ gun, but on my current beaters they're great.

·
Registered
18,869 Posts
That Ronin Operator is a good looking gun, FWIW I’d send it in and get it front strap checkered and add a mag well and back strap from Wilson or C&S. I think for under a grand you’d have a pretty nice 1911.

I’m tempting myself.

·
Registered
9,893 Posts
That Ronin Operator is a good looking gun, FWIW I’d send it in and get it front strap checkered and add a mag well and back strap from Wilson or C&S. I think for under a grand you’d have a pretty nice 1911.

I’m tempting myself.
I've been looking for one... none in stock anywhere. Might be one in Dallas but they haven't yet responded to my email about shipping. $699-$710 appears to be where the street price will land.

Funny you mentioned the magwell. I was looking at arched MSHs (my preference) w integrated magwells yesterday. I think the 8rd mags have enough bumper to be used stock with a typical setup.

Hand-cut checkering sounds like a neat-o Christmas present to myself next year.

·
Registered
18,869 Posts
I've been looking for one... none in stock anywhere. Might be one in Dallas but they haven't yet responded to my email about shipping. $699-$710 appears to be where the street price will land.

Funny you mentioned the magwell. I was looking at arched MSHs (my preference) w integrated magwells yesterday. I think the 8rd mags have enough bumper to be used stock with a typical setup.

Hand-cut checkering sounds like a neat-o Christmas present to myself next year.
That would be a sweet setup, checkered arched mainspring with a mag well and hand cut checkering. And at a good job price when done.

·
Registered
9,893 Posts
If the $699 price I'm seeing stays in place after the guns are stocked it would be a SMOKING deal. GI-spec SAs go for more than that, IIRC.

I've opened myself back up to recieving tons of junk emails by putting myself on several "Notify Me When Available" hit lists. I had finally gotten myself off of most of those mailers just recently... guess I'll just have to do it again.

·
Registered
18,869 Posts
If the $699 price I'm seeing stays in place after the guns are stocked it would be a SMOKING deal. GI-spec SAs go for more than that, IIRC.

I've opened myself back up to recieving tons of junk emails by putting myself on several "Notify Me When Available" hit lists. I had finally gotten myself off of most of those mailers just recently... guess I'll just have to do it again.
I’m on a couple of beretta 92x performance models “notify me when available lists” too. No luck so far.

That Ronin at 699 and I’m probably a buyer too.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Would it be possible to add an ambi safety to the Ronin 45acp? I’m a lefty and like that option. Also what are the main difference between a Ronin and a Loaded model, besides price finish, etc?
Thanks
Jtelli71

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Would it be possible to add an ambi safety to the Ronin 45acp? I’m a lefty and like that option. Also what are the main difference between a Ronin and a Loaded model, besides price finish, etc?
Thanks
Jtelli71
Can't really help you with your questions. This is my first 1911. I picked it up from the FFL yesterday
IMG_2403.JPG

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Congrats on the Ronin. What are your impressions so far?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, hopefully this week if it doesn't rain. My first and only 1911, so really nothing to compare with. It is solid, with good fit and finish. Action is tight yet but I've been dry firing it some. Trigger is great with just a tiny bit of take up, but no creep. It breaks cleanly at 4.25 lbs. Came with a Mecgar mag. Fiber optic front sight is a big plus for my old eyes, although I don't know how rugged FO sights are. They did include some spare optic tubing in green and red. It feels good in the hand. Not as heavy feeling as I was expecting for an all steel pistol. Factory spec says it weighs 40 oz. Mine comes in at 38.55 oz. with empty mag on a digital kitchens scale.

I think I'm really going to enjoy it once I get it to the range. It seems to point naturally. I'm used to shooting mostly polymer pistols, Shield, M&P Compact 2.0, and XDm 3.8 compact, so will take some getting used to.

BTW, paid $729.99 + tax from Grab A Gun.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts