Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so here's what I'm looking at. the command arms website and they offer a carbine conversion kit for a standard XD9. it works a lot like a corner shot in that it's just a polymer frame that you just drop a handgun in and lock it in place and now you have a carbines stability for longer range shooting and you still have the trigger, grip and reliability of that cherished handgun of yours and it's hot swappable so if you want a handgun again you just need to pull a few pins and your back to pure unadulterated handgun. they make them for XDs, glocks, bersa and beretta PX4, though the glock has a lot more options. has anyone ever used one of these? I'm looking for feedback from people that have either owned or used them. I'm currently doing an inquiry to see if they'll take XD tacs, XDM5.25 or other calibers beyond 9mm but haven't heard back from them yet.
here's the link
http://store.commandarms.com/products/RONISP1.html

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok new information. it isn't held in with pins, it snaps in using the accessory rail so it should actually be a stable tight fit. ownership of both a handgun and the kit constitutes as intent to manufacture a short barreled rifle so I have to register it with ATF so the price tag just grew by $200 and a lot of headache

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am starting to agree, with all the headache involved I may as well spend an extra couple hundred and make an SBR AR15

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok I found that they make an NFA compliant version but it's only availible for the XD in 9mm and you have to order over the phone. plans are back on :D

·
Registered
287 Posts
I wonder if this will fit the XDM. Looks like a cool toy to have.

·
Registered
316 Posts
We have the Glock Roni1 for rent at our range.Its a fun "toy" and does improve the look of a Glock (LOL!!) but once the novelty wears off I think you would do much better with a nice SBR in an AR.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We have the Glock Roni1 for rent at our range.Its a fun "toy" and does improve the look of a Glock (LOL!!) but once the novelty wears off I think you would do much better with a nice SBR in an AR.
do you guys ever have any issues with it?
excessive FTE/FTFs? barrel fouling? jams? etc?

·
Registered
538 Posts
I wouldn't think that there would be any more barrel fouling than normal, as I believe the RONI system is mainly just a clip on frame, with no new barrel. I'd think that since it clips onto the lower rail for securement, the only other part of the RONI that touches the gun seems to be the cocking handle, which looks like it slips into the rear grooves on the slide.

·
Registered
316 Posts
do you guys ever have any issues with it?
excessive FTE/FTFs? barrel fouling? jams? etc?
None to date. Biggest problem is keeping it clean from all the use. Range guns get beat pretty good & it keeps on going. I'm in no way a Glock fan
but it does what it's supposed to do & thats all you can ask for.

If someone ask's if I would buy it, I would say no but thats ONLY because it just doesn't do it for me but, I would certainly recommend it based on what I've seen so far!!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
None to date. Biggest problem is keeping it clean from all the use. Range guns get beat pretty good & it keeps on going. I'm in no way a Glock fan
but it does what it's supposed to do & thats all you can ask for.

If someone ask's if I would buy it, I would say no but thats ONLY because it just doesn't do it for me but, I would certainly recommend it based on what I've seen so far!!
thanks a lot, you're the first person I've found with any first hand experience with it. your position is pretty much the same as mine at this point. I may still get one if they ever make the non-nfa one that's compatible with my XDM45 but that's probably going to be a stretch

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi !

I've tested my RONI Recon today with my XD 9mm. It was so much fun to shoot, and after adjusting the iron sights it was also very accurate.

It does not have the accuracy of a match grade / competition / bench rest rifle, but for minute of bad guy it is more than good enough.

I enjoy mine, and I'm thinking about getting me the 16" carbine as soon as it is available.

Pete

1 - 15 of 15 Posts