Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i am buying a can of ammo from my friend. it is marked "CAL 7.62x39 SP 37 MADE IN ROMANIA". it also has a sticker marked "ORMD SMALL ARMS AMMUNITION".

the back of the casing is marked 95 and 325. the box is marked 122 grain. it has a strange blunt lead tipped bullet. SP = soft point maybe?

i don't know much about the ammo except my friend got it in 1999. his dad bought it to prepare for Y2K. it has been under his stairs since then.

any info based on the pics or anything you know about this ammo would be appreciated.

finally, how much do you think it is worth and what would you offer him for the can knowing he has no use for it?

thanks!!

·
Premium Member
13,498 Posts
It looks like pretty standard Russian 7.62x39 HP Russian ammo.

The ORMD SMALL ARMS AMMUNITION sticker is used to tell shippers what's in the package and how to treat it.

You can buy newer production Wolf for about $.20/round. I'm not sure how many rounds you have there but it looks like a 700 round Spam Can that Classic Arms Inc. sells for $139.00.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it does look like hot shot. the tip is different. those are fmj and mine have the lead tip. does that act like a hollow point?

thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey XD Fan,

Have you fired any of that ammo yet? I have the same stuff. I got it from a guy who also bought in preperation for Y2K, for free...Just wanted to know if you found out anymore info on that ammo.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Haven't you guys EVER been hunting?

Those are soft points for hunting. Nothing 'hollow' about 'em.

·
Premium Member
13,498 Posts
Haven't you guys EVER been hunting?

Those are soft points for hunting. Nothing 'hollow' about 'em.
Yes, but not with one of the AKs. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,763 Posts
it does look like hot shot. the tip is different. those are fmj and mine have the lead tip. does that act like a hollow point?

thanks for the help!
925 is the Sadu factory I believe. Same as hotshot and i'm 95% certain that the 1995 date of the ammo was before they started doing the whole flag style box thing. Could be wrong though!
And as was stated, it's just a softpoint ammo like most hunting rounds.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts