1,966 Posts
YO!

I'm here!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SLCDave -
I think you are about the only other UT guy I've seen around so far in the past few months. Hopefully this roll call will drum up a few more locals. :p

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
jb, where are you at?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good to hear from you guys! I knew there had to be some more Utah shooters out there. Anbody else???.....Bueller....Bueller?

By the way, any of you guys frequent the UDPL funshoots down in the Provo area?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Haven't done that, but was considering the Glock GSSF shoot that appears to be coming to Salt Lake in June or July this year. Haven't ever shot competitively (other than in the Army), and I know they cater to all levels of experience. And with the $25 GSSF enrollment, they have an armorer at the conference inspect and replace stock Glock parts for free.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Four miles from Lee Kay Shooting Range, where I spend a goodly amount of time.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Thorander said:
Four miles from Lee Kay Shooting Range, where I spend a goodly amount of time.
I drive by Lee Kay twice a day. So what's the deal with the "Great Salt Lake Gun Club" banner they just put up on the corner of 5600 West? I think it's a skeet/trap thing, am I right? Can you buy a membership and use Lee Kay's pistol/rifle range? In the 4 years I've lived in the area, I've still never been to Lee Kay though.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've been to Lee Kay a few times and I have to admit its the best range that I've been to in Utah (or any other state so far for that matter!). I haven't been up to their new trap/skeet course yet though. I thought it came under new ownership last year and they completely redid things. Anyhow, I kinda of quit going to Lee Kay as of late. It's just too far of a trip to come from Provo. I used to have a shooting buddy in Midvale that was a good excuse to come up for, but he moved out to the East Coast. Lately I've been frequenting the range up Hobble Creek Canyon near Springville. Definitely not Lee Kay but still a nice little place. Something like $5-10 buys you a membership for the year. The schedule is kind of limiting thought (Thursday nights and weekends).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Perry, Utah here (about 20 minutes north of Ogden).

I've sent in my paperwork for concealed carry about a week and a half ago and am now just waiting to get my permit in the mail. I'm currently trying to decide which weapon to get and am torn between the XD and Glock in .40 S&W. I used to shoot A LOT but got out of it a while back and sold all of my guns (I know, I know) so I am now acquiring some again and need to start from scratch.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have an XD 40 4" that I got shortly before I got my CCW last year. Sweet, sweet gun. I fired both the XD's and the Glock in 40S&W at some local ranges around here. For me, it came down to "pointability". The XD just felt so much more natural in my hand. That and the addition of a grip safety made me feel better about CCW'ing it. Good luck with your choice...either brand is a fine handgun.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I usually go shooting out near the Salt Lake. Maybe some Saturday we can all have a shootin' party. If there's any interest, post it in here, and we can set something up.

ava, you're welcome to shoot my XD40 if you haven't shot one yet, but I'm not in your neck of the woods.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts