Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They're back after going 100% in the AR market and a huge presence in CMP EIC rifle competition.

Unfortunately, the price has nearly doubled. Determination of "value" is up to the individual, but previously they did make some very nice pistols. At the current price they're in between production pistols and full custom (no frills) builds.

Rock River Arms RRA 1911 Pistols Parts

Rock River Arms RRA 1911 Pistols Parts

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Hmm, crowded field but always room for quality.

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
I'm ALL for it, but that price on the LM is ridiculous.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I like that Basic Limited, and I believe the msrp is about $600 less than market price a few years ago for a similar NOS (new old stock) RRA. At the time I purchased a few Les Baer which many told me was similar. Have since parted ways with the Baers and although the RRA are tempting I'm content shooting a Range Officer these days and my high-dollar 1911 aspirations stop at the TRP full rail (ignorantly sold my other one years ago).

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Nice 1911's, but too pricey!

·
Registered
29,893 Posts
One of the earlier ones was on the local Armslist; I think $1500 was the asking price.

I kinda figured it was a little steep for a discontinued pistol...and now that they're back...still seemed a bit steep.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I'm mixed.

I've seen a few RRAs on the line that needed some trigger work, but not uncommon on high end production pistols from any company mass producing 1911s. However, at $2,000+ and an almost 70% increase in price, I hope they're putting out 100% competition ready pistols now. Any extra work on a $2,500+ 1911 puts you in the ballpark of a full custom BE build. I'm in wait and see mode and hope for the best.

They usually show up in force at Camp Perry so hopefully this year I'll be able to compete and try one out. I know quite a few high level competitors who use them and do exceptionally well, much better than myself, but I wonder if they're beginning to price themselves out of the somewhat "mid-grade" market. Hope for the best, competition is a wonderful thing and we all benefit.

·
Premium Member
128,397 Posts
I didn't realize they ever left.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
In that price range...sorry..I am going for a higher end Dan Wesson or maybe a Baer.

Too pricey.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I thought they were going to be double stack when they re-released them.

·
Registered
5,296 Posts

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
In that price range...sorry..I am going for a higher end Dan Wesson or maybe a Baer.

Too pricey.
They're a well fit 1911 with a forged frame/slide, no MIM and smooth. Many BE shooters use them and the guys in my league who own both feel that they are on par with the Les Baer. Some feel the RRA are a little nicer and some do not. IMO based on the ones I've seen, and shot they're comparable. Factory pistols vary. All around everyone seems happy with it as Far as a factory pistol goes.

What I do like is the ability to spec out your pistol to some extent. I just feel that the price is a little on the high side in some models and others not so, just like Joe mentioned. Hopefully they'll adjust based on market demand/sales. I just wish I had bought one earlier :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts