Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just wanted to drop a line giving some advertising for Joe Bob Outfitters. They are carrying the Rock River 2-Stage Triggers for only $94.95 with Free Shipping.

Two Stage Match Trigger Kit

Just ordered one myself, should be a drop in upgrade.

JM

·
Registered
6,683 Posts
Thanks for the heads-up! Great price on great product. I've used one in a build before, and it's a good trigger, if one wants a two-stage.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I don't know anything about the trigger, but Joe Bobs is a great vendor to deal with. Awesome CS and quick shipping.

·
Registered
839 Posts

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
They are a great trigger for the price, and I have one, however, I have a hangup with them. They use oversized pins to get rid of trigger slop and so your gonna have to use .155 pins over the normal .154 trigger pins. This perminately reams out your lower.

If you want a really good 2 stage trigger, the LMT 2 stage trigger is amazing. It is lighter and smoother than the RRA 2 stage trigger. They do cost 140 bucks though.

Oh and as far as the RRA complete LPK skip it. The safety selector is stiff and some of the parts look and feel cheaper than other LPKs out there. If you want the trigger go for it they are great for the money, but get a better LPK.

·
Registered
839 Posts
They are a great trigger for the price, and I have one, however, I have a hangup with them. They use oversized pins to get rid of trigger slop and so your gonna have to use .155 pins over the normal .154 trigger pins. This perminately reams out your lower.
You can get a kit with the smaller pins. The kit I just bought came with
.154"...as a matter of fact, I just measured them with my calipers to make sure.

·
Banned
82 Posts
.154"...as a matter of fact, I just measured them with my calipers to make sure.
.155's are fine but I would only use the KNS version. They eliminated any play and will NOT ream out your lowers holes as they DO NOT rotate........

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Interesting...I have no idea which size I will be receiving. If they are the .155 model pins, will I need to increase the size of the hole before tapping the new pins in, or will I just grease them up and slam them home with a hammer?

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Interesting...I have no idea which size I will be receiving. If they are the .155 model pins, will I need to increase the size of the hole before tapping the new pins in, or will I just grease them up and slam them home with a hammer?
just bang them in and it will be fine. Smokehouse that is news to me, thanks for the heads up. Do you know when that changed?

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
.155's are fine but I would only use the KNS version. They eliminated any play and will NOT ream out your lowers holes as they DO NOT rotate........
oh and i upgraded to them. every AR I have has kns pins in them.

·
Banned
82 Posts
oh and i upgraded to them. every AR I have has kns pins in them.
Form the horses mouth so to speak.........

These are the Generation 2 Mod 2 pin sets. They are the STRONGEST pins that can be produced and were designed to withstand the high impact of full and semi-automatic 9mm and .223 suppressed weapons.

The pins are stainless steel pins. End retainers are black oxide, dark earth, or OD green. An absolute must-have for all M-16 owners. They will also protect your AR-15. Special anti-creep retainers prevent wear on your irreplaceable M-16 or AR-15 receiver. Pin installation tool & 2 Allen wrenches included. No modification to gun required.

The .1555 dia. pin is for worn receiver trigger and hammer pin holes. Being non-rotational, further wear is eliminated. They will also fit new receivers and will remove the free-play in match triggers. The .1555 will not fit Jewell Trigger System.

The .170 size fits late model Colts.

For Rock River National Match triggers use the .1555 only.

There is no difference in strength between the Gen 2 and the Gen 2 Mod 2 side plates. The only difference is cosmetic.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Where did you get the kit from? It's a RRA 2-stage NM trigger kit?

ALL RRA trigger kits should come with a .1555 pins. According to our conversations with KNS/RRA we've discovered the 2-stage kits MAY work with .154 but it's not recommended. They were designed around .1555 and if you use .154 trigger/hammer pins they may or may not work properly due to the slight bit of extra play.

You should not need to "ream" your lower. Just tap the pins in. They'll be a little more snug, but it shouldn't take any excessive amount of force.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Received the Trigger a couple days ago and installed last night, cannot believe how easy it was. Tap out 2 pins, put trigger in, put pin in, put hammer in, put pin in...done. The oversize pins worked great and were not tough to install.

I cannot believe the difference in trigger fell over the stocker mil-spec. I very much prefer the 2-stage to the single and the break feels like my 1911. Very smooth uptake and the break is fantastic.

Can't wait to get out to the range and test it out.

·
Registered
6,683 Posts
Form the horses mouth so to speak.........

These are the Generation 2 Mod 2 pin sets. They are the STRONGEST pins that can be produced and were designed to withstand the high impact of full and semi-automatic 9mm and .223 suppressed weapons.

The pins are stainless steel pins. End retainers are black oxide, dark earth, or OD green. An absolute must-have for all M-16 owners. They will also protect your AR-15. Special anti-creep retainers prevent wear on your irreplaceable M-16 or AR-15 receiver. Pin installation tool & 2 Allen wrenches included. No modification to gun required.

The .1555 dia. pin is for worn receiver trigger and hammer pin holes. Being non-rotational, further wear is eliminated. They will also fit new receivers and will remove the free-play in match triggers. The .1555 will not fit Jewell Trigger System.

The .170 size fits late model Colts.

For Rock River National Match triggers use the .1555 only.

There is no difference in strength between the Gen 2 and the Gen 2 Mod 2 side plates. The only difference is cosmetic.
I use the KNS pins on one of my ARs. Like 'em. Don't know if they're really "absolutely necessary," or not, but they do work as advertised.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Am I the only person who likes the standard trigger? I used a DD LPK and the trigger isn't bad at all.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My mil-spec single stage was not that bad in my Bushy, just gritty and I never knew when exactly it was going to break, but after shooting my friends RRA, i had to have the 2-stage match. It is fantastically better and I'll be testing it out tomorrow.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Good luck at the range! I'm sure you will love the new trigger. I have an RRA with the two stage and its one of the reasons I bought it, just one! But its been fantastic.

·
Registered
838 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts