Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are Rock Island 1911's any good thinkin about buyin one found one at a sho for 389.00 NIB

·
Registered
568 Posts
You get what you pay for. They are definitely POS.

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Handled one when I bought my XD. Other than it feeling a bit heavy I liked it. The shop owner seemed to recommend it.

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
Talked to my local gun shop yesterday and the man working the counter said that he had one and as long as you didn't want to customize one and add a lot of other parts, they were a good stock 45 to have around. He claimed that other manufacturers parts had to be fitted to the Rock Island.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Talked to my local gun shop yesterday and the man working the counter said that he had one and as long as you didn't want to customize one and add a lot of other parts, they were a good stock 45 to have around. He claimed that other manufacturers parts had to be fitted to the Rock Island.
any part you add to a 1911, no matter who makes it requires the part to be fitted. there is no such thing as a truly drop in part for a 1911, not even the wilson drop in beaver tail safetys.

cheers

·
Registered
29,877 Posts
any part you add to a 1911, no matter who makes it requires the part to be fitted. there is no such thing as a truly drop in part for a 1911, not even the wilson drop in beaver tail safetys.

cheers
+1 on that. My buddy has a straight GI that he's customizing with Brown & Wilson parts...he said that compared to customizing a Colt, it's about the same amount of work (actually, he said the Colt was harder, but it was also an Officer's model...).
Tank, I really don't think you know what you're talking about.

I've got a RIA tactical with a few thousand rounds through it, it runs great, has only choked on Wolf ammo (after a few hundred went through with no cleaning...). I also used to have a SA 1911--a Champion, to be exact. The "Champ" would rarely make 100 rounds before it would choke.

RIA 1911's are probably some of the best budget priced pistols out there--and have a customer service program that sets the standard for what I would call great customer service. I have no problem recommending them to friends, or anyone.

·
Registered
272 Posts
i'm guessing you've never shot one and that you are letting your ass do your talking for you.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Im just lookin for a decent 1911 nothin fancy my dad has a taurus 1911 but i aint payin 650 for one not lookin to mod it jus want somthin in 45acp whats the warranty like on um

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts
i'm guessing you've never shot one and that you are letting your ass do your talking for you.
Maybe he's a disgruntled former employee or something.

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
You've obviously never owned one.

Don't let the cost fool you. My last RIA tactical outshot my SA Loaded, and any Kimber that I put it up against.

They are great guns... get the tactical... you get more bang for the buck.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts