Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at the Robinson XCR after seeing them in the guns & weapons magazine, but don't know much else about them. Does anyone own one or ever shot one? If they are any good I would much rather have an XCR over a 556 and while the Masada is tempting to wait for who knows how good they will be...if you can get them.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
I'm looking at the Robinson XCR after seeing them in the guns & weapons magazine, but don't know much else about them. Does anyone own one or ever shot one? If they are any good I would much rather have an XCR over a 556 and while the Masada is tempting to wait for who knows how good they will be...if you can get them.
I have an XCR 18" HB with the Magpul stock :D:D:D:D:D
Jealous much? lolol

What would you like to know?

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
kaboom has ALLOT of cool stuff, not to much ... but enough to make most anyone jealous.
Not only that but it looks like Kaboom lives in paradise...:wink:

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
I have an XCR and I think it is great.I use it for close encounters of the 'yote kind, it points well and is accurate and dependable.I ask nothing more of any firearm.(Oh yeah it looks really cool too)

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Like I needed to spend another $1600+ on a 5.56...going to have to sell some other toys to afford this one. Hope it's worth it. They take the AR mags right?

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
My XCR L weighs 7.5 pounds and feels lighter due to the way the weight is distributed.The difference between the XCR and the AR is the XCR is a piston action something like an AK,not direct impingement.Also the caliber changes don't require you to switch optics or for some calibers even rezero because you only change out parts (barrel-gas valve,bolt and in some calibers,a spring or hammer)not the upper.A caliber change takes about 2 min.The gas valve has 5 positions, from high to fully supressed, which is nice if you shoot a lot of different loads.Go tothe Robinson Arms website there is alot of info and a gallery of guns.The pink gun of death is the gal who answers technical questions at Robinson's personal rifle.

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
How does it differ from any other AR rifle? What makes it "special?"
I like how the charging handle's on the left of the receiver. Maybe not so good for southpaws but I don't let my opinion revolve around them.

The safety lever also doesn't require the full 90 degree rotation to go from safe to fire so it's a little easier to flip it.

That and all the things coyotenator mentioned make it a generally sexy rifle.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I had one for a while. They are a really good stand alone rifle. Folding stock, piston, high quality parts. Realiable and accurate.

Downsides: getting spare parts is tough. it took me months to get a basic spare part kit from them. Yeah they have switchable calibers, but the kits are north of 500 bucks. Generally they strike me as a very small shop and I don't know that they can produce enought guns and parts to survive long term. AR/AK/FAL parts are everywhere... Ever try and get parts for an RA96? Good luck with that. In the end I didn't want to end up with a safe queen that I can't run hard and can't get spare parts for. I'd rather have it then a sig, but I'd rather go with a piston driven ar.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
I learn something every time I log into this forum. I didn't know a thing about the XCR. So how does it differ from the new Bushmaster/Magpul ACR?

Chapie+

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
The charging handle is also a forward assist. The mag release is ambi, and yeah it takes AR mags. Most people will say it's heavier but it's about the same weight as an 18" AR with a quad-rail. Built like a battleship too, VERY solid guns, only weak point MIGHT be the ejector as it is bolted in, but it's just a piece of steel, I could make one myself if need be. The lines always remind me of the OG of assault weapons the Sturmgewehr.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts