Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got tired of waiting on the back orders so ordered direct from the factory in England. I tried to fit it to my pistol last night and the pins and recesses don’t match up. Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Are you taking off the metal cap that covers the mounting holes and recess on your Hellcat? The mounting screw holes are under that cap on the slide and the two screws that hold the cap on are NOT the holes that you screw the sight into.
Just making sure you didn't do a quick "it doesn't fit". :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I figured it out. I was aligning the back pins first and then the front (and reversed the process to front then back). The fit was too precise. Last night, in the middle of the night, the thought came to me to seat one side (front and back) and then seat the other side. That worked. For whatever reason, coming straight down onto the pins didn’t seem to work. So, It is all set now and I’m a happier camper. Thanks for the responses; especially from Hollow Point, as that typically works for every thing!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.