Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Look what I got today!! Finally got to pick it up and I am as happy as a kid on Christmas morning! :p Have not had a chance to take it out yet but just the feel of this gun says "I am here...and I am ready" lol This is the first 1911 I have ever owned...even held for that matter and I have to say, it screams "hang on when you pull the trigger" and I LOVE it! I have already replaced the black plastic grips with some laminant more "colorful" ones that fit the finish of the gun better, I think, I also swapped out the grip screws with SS. I SOOOOO can't wait to shoot this thing! This gun just may find its way back into my carry gun plans...lol

Hope it isn't too many pics...lol...can't help myself! There are a couple included that are a partial of my collection for when the "zombies come"...lol

Let me know what you think...

$SAM_1297.jpg $SAM_1298.jpg $SAM_1299.jpg $SAM_1307.jpg $SAM_1310.jpg

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
and...for when the "Zombies come"....:cool:

$SAM_1340.jpg $SAM_1343.jpg $SAM_1345.jpg

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Too many pics? No such thing.
Congrats man, looks nice.
LOL...thanks man, I am excited...like I said I can't wait to get out and put some rounds thru it!!

·
Registered
763 Posts
Good choice. Like the stainless. Big fan of RIA here. I think you will be happy with your choice. Now, take her out on a date! :D

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good choice. Like the stainless. Big fan of RIA here. I think you will be happy with your choice. Now, take her out on a date! :D
Yeah, something tells me this one needs a brother...lol...it's not going to be the last one I have, I can tell you that and have not even shot it yet! This gun feels awsome in my hand...it just "fits"...if it's nice tomorrow we are going to go out and "loosen her up" a bit! LOL:D

·
Registered
407 Posts
Beautiful RIA you got there!!

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
wow that's pretty.

I like the stainless!
Beautiful RIA you got there!!
@Bonehead...Thanks, I almost went with the blue, but the stainless was the same price and like it better myself as well.

@kdbrainard86...Thanks, think I'm addicted now tho...may need an intervention before I drain my savings! lol

·
Registered
892 Posts
Very nice RIA. My first 1911 (and only... so far ;)) is the RIA Officers model and I love it, plan on buying another as soon as I can.

Only problem I had with it was that it wasn't extracting every round. Ordered a Cylinder & Slide Extractor from Midway and I haven't had a problem since.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey Shooter, who made the holster in pic 1338? I looked at Brigade's website and didn't see it. Nice pistola, BTW!
The holster in that pic I actually picked up off of Ebay of all places, it's just a fill in until I get the holsters made from Brigade. It is an IWB made by Tagua Gunleather. I had ordered this one before I found Brigade. Right now Troy @ Brigade has an order for the first of my holsters he is going to do, but it's for my S&W M&P .40 compact that is coming in a few days. I am planning on using the M&P for my carry gun MOST of the time so I went with having him do it first.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nice lookin 1911. How do you like the M&P 15, and what Scope is on the other AR? Looks insanely nice.
Thanks! :D

This is the M&P 15OR and I love it, I have fired close to 1200 rounds thru it and had one jam...one of my reloads. Other than the one jam this gun has functioned flawlessly and eats anything that I put in it. The scope on the other one is a fourth generation 4-16x50 Millet Tactical TRS-1 Illuminated reticle mildot scope. This scope is amazingly clear and functional on this weapon. In the picture it has the optional 4" sun shade attached to it as well.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's awesome! Been eyeballing one but scared to fall into the 1911 trap! ha I'm already dealing with BRD
LOL...this is my first and I have been pulled into the trap...just need to get out and get more shooting in.

·
Premium Member
127,718 Posts
Congratulations! I am quite fond of my Rocks.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Congratulations! I am quite fond of my Rocks.
@ Slugger6 - Do you have any issue with the top "tail" part of the grip safety digging into your hand? Right between the thumb and index finger, the soft padded part on the top of the hand? When I hold this pistol high up as explained in some vids that are posted in my other thread (right under this one on the main page I think) this thing digs and hurts to hold...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts