Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
While I have I never had issues with the standard BCG, I'm always looking for something new to blow my money on.

So I was thinking why not give a NiB plated carrier a try. I researched a number of vendors, Fail Zero, Spikes, AR performance and a few other I can't remember. I like the concept of taking a surface treatment used in aerospace, heavy industry and motor sports crossing over into my favorite, shooting sports.
In my search I ran across favorable reviews on several black rifle/ carbine sites. Other than questionable extractor springs (I always replace mine with Spring Co upgrade kits anyways) they are gtg. Has all the check marks, military contractor made, 158 carpenter steel, MP tested (don't know if that is individual or batch) and so on. per a sales rep with AIM.
I know run as fast as you can aways from RGuns.net, I've read the horror stories intersperced with good reviews of their business practices. I've ordered from them before and have never had a problem.
I ordered through AIM b/c they were selling them for $25 cheaper.
Upgraded the extractor spring and added a permapin. Only had time to run a little over 90 rnds dry but for $150 I'm happy. Will it hold up for the long term only time will tell.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I saw the SP NiB BCG on their site when I was looking at parts for my first AR build. It is a smart idea, and I can image it would be a lot easier to clean and its cool that it gets smoother over time. How many rounds have you fired with your so far? And would you say it's worth the extra little bit of cash compared to a Bravo Co. or Spikes Tactical MT BCG for $110-130ish?

*EDIT*

I was surprised to see that the R-Gun NiB BCG is $75 cheaper than the Spikes Tactical!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts