Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got a chance to bring the new AR to the range and shoot it. I was pleased overall since it is my first AR but I now realize how much I hate cheap ammo lol. Out of 250 rounds I had 6 issues. 3 failure to feeds, where it actually crushed the shell and 3 failure to extract, where one would have created a dead man's rifle. The shell that was ejecting got stuck on top of a shell that was half way into the breach, I had to muscle it out to free it:

I really can't blame the weapon to much, since it's still breaking in and I am shooting some real cheap Herter's HP ammo. I did have a few issues with the Remington UMC I also brought with but not as prevalent. It did make for a nice exercise on clearing the weapon under stress, and I had a TON of fun that the range let me do double taps for once! I did let someone else shoot a few rounds and he had issues with my red dot, but I do have it set up to fit me after all.

Adjusting my red dot to get some sort of standing zero. No bench rests sadly.

50 foot double taps

50 foot double taps on bottom, headshots on top (I was aiming dead center of head, knowing i'd hit neck area from distance factor)

50 foot rapid fire (I always do a rapid fire before I leave :p They don't allow it normally, and if they kicked me out it wouldn't matter since my hour was up)

I was pleased overall, this is my first AR I've owned, and that I've shot more then 3 rounds out of. I love it, I can't wait till this next coming weekend shooting at my buddies place (HOPEFULLY! HE'S CANCELED TWICE GRR!) where I can get some vid and more pictures. I need to pick up as well some better quality ammo and see how it runs, since I no longer want to put cheap crap through it. That stuff is DIRTY! 250 rounds and it looks worse then my 9mm after 500 rounds.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Nice looking rifle!

I have been using PMC Bronze .223 55 grain and haven't had any issues or problems with it yet. You can get a box (20 bullets) for $5.55 at cheaperthandirt. I have also used American Eagle with the same results.

Have fun shooting that bad boy!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts