Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just at a pawn shop when i noticed one of their guns. I had them let me look at it and found it was .44 cal blackpowder revolver in about average condition (unknown as of this writing whether it could fire or not.) It was from a group i never heard of called dallas collectors (i think, i only remember the dallas portion stamped on the cylinder.) well they were selling it for $350, does this sound about right or could this gun net a tidy profit?

·
Premium Member
3,470 Posts
Never heard of them.

·
Registered
748 Posts

·
Registered
6,742 Posts
What are you going to do with it if you buy it? They are worthless. I would not own one. The only people that use then are re-enacters that shoot blanks. However you can fire them if you want to get into black powder. Not for me, ever.

·
Registered
5,893 Posts

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
You gotta be careful about black powder revolvers. If not handled properly they can suffer from "chain fire", and talk about a big KB!

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the replies, just some clarification. i can't remember the last name on the stamp, it was either collectors or collection. anyhow, i wouldn't use a revolver anyways, too hard for me to fire repetively, for use purposes i'll stick with my modded model 88 shotgun. I was asking in terms of like a collectible/replica of a collectible (since the gun looks kind of like a colt 1st dragoon). also my friend is looking into revolvers as a alternative hunting gun to his mossberg 12 ga.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts