Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
The latest in this family of out-of-the-box tactical pistols is the brand new Sig Sauer P239 Tactical. It's a 9mm compact featuring Sig's awesome short reset trigger system (SRT), factory night sights, and three (3) 8-round magazines. It's everything you need to go silent-- save for the silencer, of course. It also has new forward cocking serrations on the slide, that are both functional and esthetically pleasing.
-- Evan
Evan,

Welcome to XD Talk!

Good review!

Now a couple of questions. I used to have a Sig 226 9mm - about 20 years ago, I made a big mistake and traded it in for a Glock.

That Sig was Double Action to Single Action. What is the "short reset trigger system"? Is it double or single or something else? That is a new one on me. Also, what is the difference in price between the 239 tactical and the regular 239?

Chapie+

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
It's a relatively new option for Sigs--- like in the past two or three years, I think. However, I'm pretty sure you could buy the parts from Sig to convert your old P226.
If only.... My old Sig is gone in a fateful mistake - traded for tupperware aka Glock which was recently and thankfully traded away.

And now a moment of silence for great guns (like my old Sig 226) that were traded away.....

Chapie+

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.