Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a "shielded holster" for my 1911. I have a supertuck for my xd's. I do love the supertuck, but I could not see dropping another $80 on a supertuck when the "shielded" is available shipped for $50. The supertuck is also a six week lead time. I ordered the shielded on Tues morn, it arrived at my door on Fri. Quality wise I can see no difference. The leather seems to be the same thickness, the shielded may be a little thicker but that could be because it is not broken in yet. The kydex seems to be exactly the same. The shape of the leather is a little different. I like the shielded better for its shape, the bottom front corner of my supertuck folds upward and is slightly annoying. They both wear about the same. The shielded does have 5 holes to adjust for cant where the ST only has 4. Overall the Shielded holster at this point seems every bit as good as supertuck, I wore all night last night to dinner and a movie and couldn't tell it was there other than the new leather rubbing against me. Here are some pics to compare.

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
The shield is a pretty nice looking holster. It looks like it has a wider range of adjustability as well. I would also throw those cheap looking clips away and use the better CB clips.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Not a bad looking holster. I have a CBST for my XD40, I wouldn't mind getting one for my 1911 w/ 3 1/2" barrel. Do they have a website?

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
32,784 Posts
my only concern would be, since the holes are not in line, how does that effect things when you change holes? The bottom hole on the back is almost under the trigger guard. Any ideas on that?

·
Registered
31,568 Posts
my only concern would be, since the holes are not in line, how does that effect things when you change holes? The bottom hole on the back is almost under the trigger guard. Any ideas on that?
I thought the same thing. If you have a really thick or stiff belt it would probably be hard to put on with the clips so close to the kydex part. It would really flex your belt in a strange manner, where the CBST spreads it out more so the bulge is not as noticeable.

This is my only concern, other than that it really looks pretty cool.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't know about the hole situation. That would ride the pistol up well to far for my comfort with a 1911. I will try it tonight and see how it works.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts