Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market for a good red dot/optic. I'm wondering what you guys think about a trs-25 for a ar, maybe some other ideas on optics that I should take a look at would be great. I know some good ones but I can't understand spending that much. Then again I do not know a lot about optics at all.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
I'm in the market for a good red dot/optic. I'm wondering what you guys think about a trs-25 for a ar, maybe some other ideas on optics that I should take a look at would be great. I know some good ones but I can't understand spending that much. Then again I do not know a lot about optics at all.
I don't have one but i have heard good things about them. If you are really interested in getting one do it this week end, look at this price.

Bushnell TRS 1x25mm Red Dot 731303

don

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Aimpoint (used if price is an issue) and never look back.

·
Registered
9,870 Posts

·
Registered
3,851 Posts

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
which riser do you guys use for an absolute co-witness ?

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
I have one on a AR , No problems. I also have run them on AKs 47 and 74.
They have held up well. They are even bright enough to run on a sunny winter day with snow on the ground .

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
The Bushnell TRS has some great reviews for a less expensive Red Dot. A little higher on that is the Lucid (forget the model number) for about $250 - $275. And the Vortex for a little less $$, under $175. (Including mounts)

I have a Primary Arms red dot on my M&P 15-22 and for the price (less than $80 delivered) it is good, but not at all what I would want for anything that I needed to rely on. Burns batteries VERY fast, and the red dot is hard to see in bright light.

For best bang for the buck, IMO, is the Aimpoint PRO. I have one of those, you can find them pretty easily for under $380 delivered, with best price, new about $340 - $360. I swear by my Aimpoint, and since my Core15 is my sd/hd/shtf go-to gun, I needed to mount a reliable red-dot on it.

If you want a little more $$, there is also the Eotech and options get more and more available as the price goes up.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
After doing some research and looking around a bit on different Web sites. I'm kinda digging and leaning towards the vortex sparc 2 for that price range o have looked at aim and eotech. I just can't justify spending as much as a firearm for a optic. Then again I cannot talk because never held one used a AR with one or anything. I know it does speak numbers that our government uses them.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
I have 2. One on my Mossberg shotgun and another on my Bushmaster. Love them for both uses. I didn't pay over $90 for either shipped. Im currently shopping for a magnifier for the AR to help with longer distances. Not the best photo.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
After doing some research and looking around a bit on different Web sites. I'm kinda digging and leaning towards the vortex sparc 2 for that price range o have looked at aim and eotech. I just can't justify spending as much as a firearm for a optic. Then again I cannot talk because never held one used a AR with one or anything. I know it does speak numbers that our government uses them.
I think the Sparc fits your budget/needs the most.
If you want to go even more in depth, check out the Trijicon Reflex. I have 3 of them on different rifles. Very very solid! No batteries required. And one of them has 13 year old tritium tubes and still looks bright in the dark.

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
In that price range, you have the Bushnell TRS-25 and the Primary Arms MD-FBGII. I have both and can't really say I favor one over the other. The PA has a slightly smaller more defined dot, but you will probably find minor differences in them, even of the same model. On the other hand, the Bushnell has more usable brightness settings. The first 2 or 3 on the PA are meant for using with night vision devices and are darn near invisible to the human eye in any kind of light.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts