Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I requested a duracoat to match the frame. The finish is VERY close (actually closer than the factory finish) Its pretty much flawless.
I also had the meprolight sights installed.....love them so far as well.

The main thing was James went out of his way and expressed shipped my gear back to me because I am leaving town for 3 weeks and I didint want everything sitting in my mailbox for 3 weeks.
A+ service. I know he is busy but went out of his way to make me happy.

I wont hesitate to send him firearms in the future for custom work.
Thanks again James

·
Registered
49 Posts
My turn to brag on James! :D

I just received my pistol back today. James applied a Gun Blue DuraCoat finish and installed Heinie Slant Pro Straight-8 sights. I am very impressed.

You can't ask for a more service-oriented fellow than James and I enjoyed doing business with him.

The blue is a very deep blue, almost black. If you shine a very bright light on it close up, it looks more blue. The flash on my camera up close made it look more blue than it looks to the eye.

I plan to set this pistol aside for a couple of weeks and let it harden up real well before holstering it. Good job, James!

·
Premium Member
10,575 Posts
NoBite, you would not happen to be a Wildcat
fan by chance would you? :p

Good looking machine.

Ed

·
Registered
49 Posts
:lol: I've been accused of that!

Actually, I split my loyalties between the Blue of Kentucky and the Illini, where I grew up.

Really, the pistol is not obviously blue, but a very deep, rich blue that very nearly looks black, very similar to the deep blue on my S&W mod 586. Only in an intense light does it look like Kentucky blue!

But, it was very kind of you to notice and draw the connection. 8)

·
Registered
10 Posts
James recently dura-coated my xd40 slide and I am very happy .I spoke to him several times on this project and not sure what color I wanted but his expertise in helping me decide made it easier. Upon recipt of the slide I was impressed with the work and he even touched up some other things... I won't hesitate to send him more work....I gotta get a camera one day.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I plan to have my XD done up in German Blue and have him install my TFO's. Then down to Rich @ CC and it'll be done! It's brilliant as it is, I can't wait for it after the rest of these mods.

-=Whittey=-

1 - 9 of 9 Posts