Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a chance to buy one for 135 bucks...question is...is it even worth $135???? i mean i read that they were made by marlin but they dont make parts for em these days...anyone got any experiance with these guns?

·
Registered
29,735 Posts
If it's just a rebranded Marlin 336, there's plenty of parts...not that you'll likely ever need them.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I sold a Marlin last year for 275...I've take three deer with the .30-30 round. I'd jump on that thing.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok i just talked to my friend again and he said its pretty rough on the outside and inside, but he says the action is still smooth, so im not sure if im gonna do this or not. but how hard would it be to "restore" if it needs it? i mean cell phone pics dont do it justice so ill have to see it up close before i can make the call of corse

·
Registered
428 Posts
I've never stripped and re-blued a gun...but I'm sure someone here has. As far as the insides go, if its smooth I'd say it probably could use a good cleaning. That round isn't a super long range round, but I've never felt undergunned while carrying it. I'm sure there are others on here who know better than I do. If you don't buy it, PM me the guys info and I might.

·
Registered
19,975 Posts
clean it, then see if it shoots a decent group before wasting too much more time and money on it.

Even if it shoots a 10" group, is rusty and full of dings up, you will should still be able to recoup your investment pretty easy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts