Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
17,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sold my DW V-Bob to fund other toys. It was the one I could part with the easiest. Then I sold my other 1911s and was left with just Tupperware. Well... My friend I sold it to could use the money, and I missed metal. So it's back in my paws. As my only 1911, I forgot how awesome the V-Bob was. Pure butter. I still have my Tucker Gun Leather holster I had for a different 1911, but it works great for this.

Sleeve Font Rectangle Beige Personal protective equipment

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Everyday carry

I recently acquired a HK45c which I always wanted. I have a HK45. I sent it off to Grey Guns for their work and I wasn't disappointed. I love it, but the V-bob is actually less bulky, same size, a half inch more of barrel, and same round count at 8. I honestly think I'm more inclined to carry the DW... Especially with such a great holster. I'm super happy I have it back. It was already ambi... I might finally get around to new sights.

·
Administrator
17,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mother flower she's beautiful. I tell you, the more you handle a beautiful all steel gun. The harder it is to forget about there draw backs. God I want a 2011
Well, I sold my 2011 10mm that I put a lot of money in. I said I never would, but I wanted other toys... I basically SD off all my high dollar stuff. Now I don't regret that because there was a ridiculous bidding war and I made money... Quite a bit more than I had in it. I really did dig it... And double stack 1911 are no trouble at all for me. Very very nice.

With this though, I am perfectly happy with it being the one that is back. I don't feel bad at all with it in the safe. I just gave my friend what he paid back... Which is much better than buying new.

Reactions: Cuda66

·
Administrator
17,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm glad you found your friend again but I had terrible luck with my DW. It was a Pointman/Patriot semi-custom that I bought about twenty years ago. Almost forty years ago I bought a Series 80 and despite several trips back to the MotherShip it was never reliable or enjoyable so it finally went to a Forever Home. I had hoped the DW would be different and I must admit it certainly was beautiful.

View attachment 863190

View attachment 863191

View attachment 863189

I tried for years to like that gun but it was simply not to be. It too went to a forever home and I swore off 1911s since I had lots of 45acp wheelguns from Colt & Smith.

But I still felt guilty and a little dirty because I didn't have a 1911 I liked.
That's a real shame. All my steel was very reliable with anything. They are just tools and plenty to choose from that are problem free... But yes... I felt a little off with only plastic guns.... My world is right again.

·
Administrator
17,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No doubt! That 22TCM is pretty interesting.

Reactions: Dagwood
1 - 4 of 4 Posts