Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to retrofit an XD-LE in .45 Gap to another caliber? Specifically 9mm or .45ACP? I realize a new mag and barrel woul dbe required but a) is it possible and B) what would need to be done?

Thanks in advance

Ed in Raleigh

·
Registered
126 Posts
I can tell you that you will never get the ACP to fit. The frame is longer to accept the longer magazine for the longer .45 ACP.
You probably won't be able to get the 9/.40 to fit because the breech face is so much larger in the .45 that the extractor probably can't engage the smaller cartridges base. But, you may be able to swap on an upper from a 9/.40/357.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Is it possible to retrofit an XD-LE in .45 Gap to another caliber? Specifically 9mm or .45ACP? I realize a new mag and barrel woul dbe required but a) is it possible and B) what would need to be done?

Thanks in advance

Ed in Raleigh
As stated above the 45ACP is absolutely out. You would also have to replace the slide to acccomdate the larger diameter case. I don't know any where you can get a slide for an XD. Even if all that did work I think by the time you got all those things you could buy a new XD.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I contacted Springfield and I got the same answers. 45 ACP is out and not possible to convert without a complete upper replacement. Cost=new gun. Plus no uppers available.

So I will be happy with my GAP.

·
Registered
512 Posts
You could always try to trade it. GAP afficionados aren't that many, but they are die-hard. If nothing else you could sell it and buy you another XD. If you want to list it for sale/trade, I'd put it on the Glocktalk board, they've got a huge trader section (as well as listing it here, of course).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts